Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 0-100 times

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
whats been done to it? VTs are normally around the 10 second mark

Luke has made real low 7's to 60mph in the VT he drives to work too, The VY ute my Dad had felt faster than my mums AU, I only ever gteched the AU but that pulled 7.5-7.6 so the ute should have been up for a low 7

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
The VE Calais V6 i drove felt very fast sticking with a VYII SS in 1st gear i wouldn't put high 6's mid 7's out of the question.

VR's are slightly slow my mates VR berlina wasn't flash but ran very well. I have slower take off in my VP I'm told it's the gasket in the inlet gone and it's leaking air bad.. But i had a run with a VRII Berlina and off the lights he killed me half a car length i was not happy, Then about 3200rpm i pulled hard and pulled up and ahead before 80kp/h we stopped.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I dont know how they got a 9second figure for the VR, but either there car was crook or they couldn't drive.

People who don't believe my results, its been G-teched and raced a BA XR6 and beat it clean upto 110km/h ( I think the XR6 is about 7.5sec stock).

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I dont know how they got a 9second figure for the VR, but either there car was crook or they couldn't drive.

People who don't believe my results, its been G-teched and raced a BA XR6 and beat it clean upto 110km/h ( I think the XR6 is about 7.5sec stock).

The BA XR6 is not an overly quick car. The XR6 Turbo is a different story obviously.

From the VR's I have driven, 9 seconds is quite accurate. They considerably slower than VN/VP and slower than a VS also.

Grab a video or video phone and video a 0-100 run and shove it on Youtube and link us.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I'm keen to know what my V6 VE Calais will do. I mean, I know what official figures are but to do it myself (and have someone video it) would be kind of cool. Where can I do it (legally)?

...and for the record, not all VE owners need to "pay off" their car.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
The BA XR6 is not an overly quick car. The XR6 Turbo is a different story obviously.

From the VR's I have driven, 9 seconds is quite accurate. They considerably slower than VN/VP and slower than a VS also.

Grab a video or video phone and video a 0-100 run and shove it on Youtube and link us.
You would be surprised at the speed them things have, My brothers 04 BA Fairmont with only Exhaust, I took it to my fav spot and got around 7.0-7.5seconds 0-100, It's more like 7 flat.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
You would be surprised at the speed them things have, My brothers 04 BA Fairmont with only Exhaust, I took it to my fav spot and got around 7.0-7.5seconds 0-100, It's more like 7 flat.

I dont doubt that VR's could beat a 9 second bracket, but I think its a good time for them stock. Considering the cars are tested with a full tank of fuel, a boot of equipment and 1 passenger also, im sure alot of cars will beat the published magazine times. But they are accurate in that it is the best way of comparing cars as they are done under the same conditions and all their times are accurate as far as where cars are rated. VR's are slower than VN/VP/VS and alot of newer models, whether they beat 9 seconds 0-100 or not.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm 100% sure a BA/F auto is either exactly the same speed or slower to 100 than a healthy AU auto, 110% sure :). Did you see the saloon cars the other day on SBS with the AU's that totally owned the VT/X's, the commentators did note that the VT/X is faster in the rain than the dry due to having IRS but the AU's still filled like the first 5 places in the ****ing rain and they are faster again in the dry. They are going to Bathurst for the first time this year, should be ace to watch :)

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Brothers misses had a AUIII With some work they will fly but stock wouldn't touch the BA-BF.. But no doubt they would spank the VT-VX series:(.. But the VY was faster for some reason??
But i would give AU's 7.8-8.8 0-100 stock.. And VT's over 9's to 10's:(.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I gteched my mums AU series 2 classic 7.58 I reckon was the best run out of two, no slug for sure, we have a bf here now and I might gtech that one day but for the moment it's a little too new and besides it's real slow, maybe it will get faster later on