Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 07 Aircon refuses to turn on!! PLEASE HELP ITS GETTING HOT!!

paulio14

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
Hey guys,
as said above i have an 07 ve sv6 commdore. I have an aftermarket fascia installed (looks like bus controls) with a pioneer head unit. My problem is the aircon wont turn on. I press the button and it the head unit recognises it so all the fan settings come up but the air con wont turn on still. I've taken it into the place it was installed and still haven't had any luck the technician had no clue. Has this happened to anyone else with facia or without? It is just weird that when i press the AC button it comes up on the screen but still says off.
I have checked all fuses, hard reset headunit/fascia and temporarily left the battery off then reconnected with no luck.
Any responses are appreciated!

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
When you took it back did they pull the unit back out?

If not more then likely the plug behind the control buttons has come off. Happen to my
mates aswell. All though his was stuck on cold in the middle of winter. I just pulled the unit out and
reconnected it. Little white longish plug.

Hope that helps.

Edit: On the back about where I pointed out.

Attachments

• 523795_10151041210050976_1411733380_n.jpg
    523795_10151041210050976_1411733380_n.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 709

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If it stopped working when the aftermarket fascia was fitted Id be telling the installer to fix it or replace the fascia with one that isnt faulty.

paulio14

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
Yeah i think he did do that it really had him stumped! i double check with him to make sure so annoying worst time of the year especially when the first 30 degree days are coming!!

I got it installed around 12 months ago so isnt due to the install but they're covering it under warranty which im happy with!

cheers for the responses guys much appreciated! Any more help with it would be great!

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
Has the air con got gas and if so check to make sure the a/c compressor clutch is working unplug the wire and apply 12v to it and it should pull in if that works then one of the a/c pressure switches could be faulty