Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 A6 servicing

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I have a 2010 SV6 Sidi wagon with the 6 speed auto.

Has anyone serviced the auto themselves??

I have serviced many autos on VT and VY 6 and 8s but haven't done the new VEs yet.

Any help would be appreciated!

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
If you're talking filter and ATF change then they are quiet simple, I remove all the trans pan bolts starting at the tailshaft end, then just undo bolts at engine end until the pans tilts downwards and the ATF starts to drain, once enough has drained to not cause a mess you remove the pan, r&r filter, check magnet in pan for metal shavings/fragments and wipe it out, fit new gasket, refit sump to correct torque spec and refill ATF, test drive, check for leaks, done.
Much like any other basic trans service.

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
Where do we refill from as the trans has no dipstick tube an I've had a look to see where we refill from,so can you enlighten me on the location of refill point
Cheers

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
There is a rubber bung on the side of the trans, and a torx plug just near it, you fill thru the top hole till it trickles out the bottom, get trans to operating temp and re check the level, top up if needed. This really is best done on a hoist as it needs to be level, or jack it up and put the whole car on stands so you can get proper access and the car is still level.