Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 aftermarket muffler

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey guys, this is a funny and sad story, i bought a 2nd hand sv6 1.5 weeks ago and its awesome.
December 2007 model
White color
SS badges on it
Tinted windows
X-Force dual exhaust

I got it for an really cheap price with only 53000km on it, hardly any scratches on it, well taken care of etc...
On Monday i was at work and had to drive onsite from Burwood to Footscray, and on the way i hear a metal snap noise. I pullover and go to the back of the car and see that the left muffler snapped of the extension pipe and i was like OMG!!!
I look at where it snapped off and saw rust coming out...
So i took a few hours off work and went to the Muffler Man and he said that the x-force exhaust system has been on the car for only 2 years and it rusted out, maybe you cant see it 100% from the outside but when he took the exhaust pipes off and held it vertically, a whole heap of rust came out...
Soooooooo, the only thing i could think of was to get a stainless steel exhaust system that can last around 10 years. I got myself a Perry Exhaust system, full stainless steel, dual exhausts, and it had been tuned for a ss which i had heard the noise it makes on his car (which he has exactly the same exhaust system but on his ss), he said that it wouldn't make 100% the noise as if it would be on a ss but when he put it on my sv6 and started the engine i couldn't say anything else but the noise was just AWESOME!!! It costed around $1650 but believe me its worth it.
When the car idles and when driving at low revs the exhaust makes a small deep noise and when you press the foot down and the revs pass around 3,500 then it sounds like a beast. So its very good when you just go up and down for drives when driving normally. And the best thing is that it doesn't drone like the x-force does... Its the worst noise... (Sorry if i offended anyone that has a x-force).

So basically now all i have to do is take the x-force mufflers to the mechanic that did the RWC and stick them in front of his face to show him that he didn't do a good enough check.
Hopefully he gives me a reasonable amount of money back for his mistake or i will have to go to vic roads after that.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Thats really bad that the other one rusted out that quick id be pretty pissed off good to hear you got it sorted tho even if your wallet is a lot lighter now

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Does your Perry winkle? :)

yMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Video please :)! - btw is it 2.5" tips???

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
mehhhhh, paid 500 for 2.5" redback rear mufflers and get pulled over by tmu because my car sounds like an 8. :)