Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 air con - PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS...

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Is it blowing the top hose off? Make sure the end of the radiator pipe that the hose slides over hasn't broken off, common issue.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Interesting to read the comments on Brian Gardner dealerships. I had very poor experiences with their sales staff in late 2008 and again in Mid 2015 (I didn't realise until afterwards that the Honda dealer (Honda North) was owned by Brian Gardner or would never have gone back to them). In both occasions I had the keys to my car held after being valued in an attempt to bully me into signing a sales agreement. Both times I had to physically take my keys from the salesman's hand forcefully. This tactic was condoned by their sales manger and in both cases complained in writing but of course was asked for more and more details as a delaying tactic.
My post in 2008 was removed by a moderator for the reason that I mentioned a particular dealer in my post about their treatment of customers.
My original intent was to warn others of their tactics. I guess that the sales attitude extends to the service area.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute SS

Millzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Hey just wondering if any 1 knows if you can buy after market evaporator temp sensor that plugs in to hvac module only want 1 wire Holden only sells whole harness ve sv6 2011 have done mod still didn’t fix icing up problem

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
There are many ways to measure temperature though i'm not sure what Holden uses in its vehicles.

One method is to use a thermistor which is simply a resistor whose resitance value changes with temperature. They are cheap to buy but you need to know the reststance and temperature charactaristics to buy the correct one. If you're lucky the workshop manual may have a resistance verses temperature chart for this sensor. Alternatively, their may be some markings on the old sensor itself which you may be able to use to google the correct component. Once you get the correct thermistor, simply cut the old one off and solder the new on onto the existing harness.

Otherwise just buy the appropriate part, maybe this expensive part though not sure if its the correct part o_O