Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Amp Question

Morgazmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2010 Sportwagon
Hi guys,

1000 apologies if this is covered somewhere else but I couldn't find it in my quick skim.

I have a 2010 SV6 Wagon and am considering throwing in an amp that I've had in my garage for a while. I'll need to hook up a LOC obviously and am wondering if the whole thing is worth the trouble. I want to keep things stock, be able to throw the box in the back and use it, or take it out whenever too. The Amp I have is 1000W RMS and the Sub is a Rockford Fosgate 15". Came out of a previous car, was unreal. My question is - Will running this amp off a VE electrical system cause me problems down the line? I'm not interested in screwing up the battery / alternator or computer.. I can take it or leave it. Any pointers?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Does the amp have high level inputs? If so just use those, and take signal from the rear speakers so you can fade to the front to control the level of the sub if it doesn't come with a seperate volume controller.

Stock battery / alternator will be fine for running a single amp. I run 2 amps currently off the stock electrical system in my Cruze and i haven't ran into any issues yet, there is a digital voltmeter on my instrument cluster and i don't have any drops, the larger amp is a class D though.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
fun buckets right. Also, given that the battery is going to be less than two feet away from the amp instead of in the engine means it's more than up to the job.

Mount the amp solidly so you only disconnect the speaker wires FROM THE AMP and some Velcro on the sub box means in and out as much as you like.... hehe, provided the.missus doesn't complain too much.

If you do have to get a LOC then try to get one which has auto sensing. This will create a 12v trigger when it senses input from the speakers. Will make your job so much easier during.install as you will NOT need to run any wiring down the car. It will all be in the boot.