Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Audio

mickmh24

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone fitted rear speakers to a VE SV6 ,is there any wiring in loom ?

i think that the centre mount front speaker has some isuses with distortion has anyone else had any probs??

Cheers,

Mick

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Yes I have fitted Rear speakers in my Lumina which would be the same as the SV6. The factory speaker size is 5" but I fited 6.5". All you have to do really is remove the factory plastic mounting bracket and replace with a 6mm mdf ring. There is a very basic wiring loom there for the original speakers so you will have to cut that off and crimp/solder on some speaker terminals (thats if you want to run the speakers off the H/U) Otherwise you can run new thicker wiring and attach it to an amp (which is what I did).

I don't have the centre speaker in mine as it is a Lumina but we have 2 SV6's at work for the reps and my dad has a SSV, I've driven them a few times and the centre speaker isn't that great. I would disconnect it if I had one.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Assuming you mean replacing the existing rear speakers, then as per Josh's post. If you mean adding speakers to the parcel shelf, not sure. That's where the factory subs are in my Clubby.

No distortion issues at all if you use one of the DDL settings.