Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve sv6 bcm issue

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me i was driving along last night and i lost the radio aircon etc all went black and i looked at my gauges and it was all frozen at 53kph and the revs were stuck so wen i got home i turned it off and the gauges were still on so i was thinking wtf and disconnected battery jusy if it was a software glitch but now wen i turn the key i get the little orange engine light as normal with accessories and headlightson but nothing else just a click of a relay so battery jas power but has no brains and the keyless entry etc dosnt work either bcm module maybe...?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
It sounds like you are right in regards to the BCM causing issues here...
It looks like your Single Wire GM Slow CAN is down, as all the non-critical stuff looks like they are not getting data.
(The Single Wire Slow CAN looks after the Radio, HVAC, Cluster, etc)....

The BCM serves as a gateway between the Slow and Fast Can buses, but to have a failure like that is kinda out there !!!!
I would be checking the obvious stuff first, any fuses related to the BCM, BCM wiring plugs, and any wiring mods you may have done that involve the Single Wire Slow Can bus (If any)....

But yeah, to just confirm, I too think you are on the right track with the idea that the BCM is causing the troubles here...

Hope this kinda helps you out ???

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
It sounds like you are right in regards to the BCM causing issues here...
It looks like your Single Wire GM Slow CAN is down, as all the non-critical stuff looks like they are not getting data.
(The Single Wire Slow CAN looks after the Radio, HVAC, Cluster, etc)....

The BCM serves as a gateway between the Slow and Fast Can buses, but to have a failure like that is kinda out there !!!!
I would be checking the obvious stuff first, any fuses related to the BCM, BCM wiring plugs, and any wiring mods you may have done that involve the Single Wire Slow Can bus (If any)....

But yeah, to just confirm, I too think you are on the right track with the idea that the BCM is causing the troubles here...

Hope this kinda helps you out ???

Hi...thanks yeah soinds like it...where can i find this what your talking about as i have checked all fueses and there are all fine need help urgent :-(