Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 - CANBUS + HID Kit = any issues?

QRI05E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M10 - Nitrate
Hey Guys,

I am a proud new owner of a MY10 SV6 (3.6 SIDI) and have a question regarding the Holden CANBUS system.

I'm looking at purchasing a H7 HID Kit for my VE however I have heard conflicting information that I might get an error code due to the CANBUS system. Is this true? Have any of you VE owners had any issues with HID kits?

I have seen the "all-in-one" VE HID kits at ezihid.com.au however I can get a H7 6000K HID kit for 1/4 of the price delivered thats why im wondering how they will work with Holden's CANBUS system.

Please feel free to comment.

Regards,
Sarkis

QRI05E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M10 - Nitrate
Thanks for the reply guys!

Troy - I know the reflective headlights weren't designed to house HID lights however I needd to have white and bright lights... I have tried various halogen bulbs from ebay cheapies to Philips Diamond Vision however none of them compare to HID. Any suddgestions?

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
Also the ezihid ones are more exspensive due to their convenience. Having balasts hanging off ya engine bay is just haggard as...these integrated balasts and plug and play wiring is well worth the extra coin.
I personally can't wait to order the full kit to slip into my new DRL headlights. The 55w high beam is incredible for those country roads.

QRI05E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M10 - Nitrate
I dont want to start changing the head lights as the car is still pretty much new.

Has anyone heard of or used HIR Bulbs?

ZEN HIR replacement bulbs

These are meant to produce approx 2300Lm of light (75% of HID's) and are 4300K

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I installed aftermarket HID's in mine and you have to go looking for the ballasts, they are well hidden, yet still accessible.

I changed the fuses to 20A from 15A as I have done before and they worked first go.

QRI05E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M10 - Nitrate
If decide to go HID, ill probably end up purchasing the HID kits (same as ezihid) from AE International (eBay seller) $139 - Low beam and $129 - foggies

VELowBeamFullKit.jpg

VEHIDLightBeam.jpg

6000K HID low beam + HID Foggies

VE2LowAndFogHalogenHIDCompare1.jpg

OEM Halogen vs HID 6000K

HOWEVER

I will be looking in to some halogen alternatives first possible the OSRAM Rallye 65W H7's...

Can anyone comment on the HIR Bulbs?