Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 - CANBUS + HID Kit = any issues?

QRI05E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M10 - Nitrate
Yea looking forward to the pics.. Some night pics showing road illumination would be great if possible :)

Scorpion_Shooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE MY9.5
The other option is to get 55w HID Xenon Gas Bulbs, but i dont know how they would go with on coming cars. Cause of the bright white light it produces.

QRI05E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M10 - Nitrate
Theres alot of crap bulbs on ebay claiming to be xenon gas filled however I dont know the quality of them. I was reading up on HIR globes.. they seem to be the next best thing to HID's but then again might as well go HID with the stock headlamps

Scorpion_Shooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE MY9.5
Well in queensland the HID xenon ballast kits are illegal in the reflector lens headlights. That's why i upgraded the headlight unit to projector lens cause of the cut off point which it produces making them legal. I would check with your state laws before doing any modification to anything.

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
All that cheap ebay stuff is just crap get what you pay for always. I highly recommend you get projector headlights.

1. Throws the light out better doesn't scatter it
2. Don't blind oncoming cars
3. Look so much better out of a projector

Do the right thing, its worth getting new headlights only other $250-$300

Scorpion_Shooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE MY9.5
All that cheap ebay stuff is just crap get what you pay for always. I highly recommend you get projector headlights.

1. Throws the light out better doesn't scatter it
2. Don't blind oncoming cars
3. Look so much better out of a projector

Do the right thing, its worth getting new headlights only other $250-$300

I will have to agree with you on that. If you want great light output as seen on my ute, do the upgrade and look at german made slimline hid xenon ballast kits. I find that the projector lense add style to your vehicle giving it that personality in my opinion.

QRI05E

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M10 - Nitrate
I agree that projector style headlamps would be the best choice for HID however i really dont want to start changing parts that dont need changing.

This picture is of a VE SV6 with reflector headlamps + 6000k HID's... looks perfect to me

VEHIDLightBeam.jpg

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
Fair enough but you'll see the difference when you compare them plus higher chance of a defect