Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Car accident (AAMI insured, comprehensive)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
CSP is right about each car being responsible for each collision in a pile up.... but he's forgeting the UNLESS IT CAN BE PROVEN THEY ARENT AT FAULT part.
Its pretty obvious the two cars in front were stationary at the time of the accident (both drivers will attest that they were waiting at the intersection). Being that both cars arent moving, they are basically 'parked'.... and any car that hits one and causes it to move into another car, is the one at fault!
Pretty straight forward.
It's not just a matter of who collided with who.... its why.

I've just been through the same thing with AAMI when my Mrs was rear ended. We received a letter of demand for repairs to the car she was pushed into even though she was stationary and the car behind pushed her. I basically called AAMI (after about 8 beers) and said that they can GGF'ed and that we were not paying. I explained it again (even though they have a copy of the police report) and now it's case closed.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
yes and have you ever tried to argue with and insurance company.

i did once two years and a days sitting around in court with barristers and insurance represantatives just to come to the agreement that the taxi than ran the red light and caused the accedent was responsible for the damages. and all legal costs. very expensive red light ticket for him that was.

and even in that circumstance because ther were no injurys and no need for towing the police did not attend and would not take a report because to quote the seargent the is no need to waste time doing that

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
I've just been through the same thing with AAMI when my Mrs was rear ended. We received a letter of demand for repairs to the car she was pushed into even though she was stationary and the car behind pushed her. I basically called AAMI (after about 8 beers) and said that they can GGF'ed and that we were not paying. I explained it again (even though they have a copy of the police report) and now it's case closed.

thats the thing each insurer is just going to pass it down the line they want to do as little work as possible.
they only act of the information provided by there customer the car in front says you hit him and neglect to say thats because you were hit and pushed into them.

if all partys give the correct information to the insurance companys to start with insteed of just selceted details then you wouldnt have these issues
you are intitled to claim against the responsable driver.
and the car you got pushed into is intitled to claim against the responsible driver aswell
you as the meat are not even ment to be involvde in the claim for the front cars damage.

they have provided the incorrect information to their company.

insurance companys dont access acedents and detrmin fault the simply send a letter of demand to the person you tell them is responsable and its up to them to refute that or make a demand to who the feel is responsible for the demand against them

HellSoldier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SV6
Update, 3 calls to AAMI in one day on Monday. Finally got a tow truck from a Panel repair shop at 6pm that night. They informed me they had the car at 5:04pm the next day (Even though the tow truck driver took it at 9:45am.).

Haven't heard anything since tuesday.

AAMI haven't called me back saying it's my fault I didn't leave enough room. Nor have RACV (The girl I hit) called and told me likewise. Am guessing the girl that caused all this #### is going to have a bad year now.

From the damage I've shown to friends, I'm extremely lucky I didn't have the spare tyre in the Well, otherwise the boot wouldn't have compacted that way it did and I'd have done a ####load more damage to the car in front.

Let you know how it turns out, am going to go see the AAMI accessor today.

HellSoldier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SV6
So after waiting until yesterday 3pm I get a call back. Am told about the damage (Front and rear bumpers, reinforcements etc all need replacing. As well as part of my boot and the exhaust system needs an entire do-over.), the cost (8k at least?) and the return date (12th of April).

AAMI Rep told me I have to call the repairer to ask what's going on and if they checked this/that on that car. So much for the reps being decent.

Guy who's repairing the car (Ash from Nation Collision Repairs in Airport west?) said it's all good to go round on friday and poke at the car if I'd like. Will be good to see the damaged parts.