Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve sv6 comm radio problems

alennik

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve
hello just wondering if anyone is having problems with there new IQ systems in there s2 commodores ive had my sv6 for one year and the radio has very pore reception in the country and when i travel to the city l get crackling in radio reception and it doesnt matter where u go its every where could anyone tell me if they are having same problems because holden believes all s2 holden are doing this

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
did you change your aerial?
I stream radio via my smart phone now, get better phone coverage in the bush than you do radio reception.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
hello just wondering if anyone is having problems with there new IQ systems in there s2 commodores ive had my sv6 for one year and the radio has very pore reception in the country and when i travel to the city l get crackling in radio reception and it doesnt matter where u go its every where could anyone tell me if they are having same problems because holden believes all s2 holden are doing this

I love the dealer comments when customers complain about issues - "it is normal.. all the VEs do this."
(Like the guy who complained about the faulty brakes in his new car).

FYI....the reception in my car is fine until you drive into a concrete bunker and I certainly do not get crackling when driving around SYD or MEL. But then I do not bother listening to FM stations very much . If your problem is with FM station reception and signal strength then I am not surprised.

Pero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Ute SSV
I have a series 2 ssv ute, and I also have this same problem. When I first purchased the ute it was fine, no problems. Then 3 months ago it has just gone crazy. I live in sydney and it dosnt matter where I go, there is always at least a flicker of static. Most days now I cant even listen to the radio on the way to and from work. I listen to FM stations only really.
Also I have trouble when on the phone in the car, It sounds like the other person is talking through their shirt and I cant understand a word.

I have taken my car to the dealer today and they are going to look at it tomorrow, again they said that this is normal now in the commodore, colorado, also in other makes of cars too.

Will let you know how it goes, Anyone else have this much trouble?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
yeah, they are going around turning off all the old reliable analogue systems and leaving us with the vunerable digital that only has to have someone sneeze next to the repeater and it severly pixilates of loses signal

Pero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Ute SSV
So how come other cars are fine? With the an analog system, I have mates with vz utes and they have no problems?
Does this mean that the signal in my car will be bad forever now?

Surely Holden will have to come out with a fix?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Its the FM tuner module in the IQ, cheap and nasty......