Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 exhaust help and tips.

AJS000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota GT86 (Previously VE SV6)
Why do so many try and make their V6s sound like a V8?

I'm of the opinion it's the wrong way to go. It'll never sound like a V8. For one thing the firing order is different.

If you've heard the Lotus Exige 430s that's what a decent V6 should sound like. And that's using a effectively V6 from a Toyota Aurion .

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Why do so many try and make their V6s sound like a V8?

I'm of the opinion it's the wrong way to go. It'll never sound like a V8. For one thing the firing order is different.

If you've heard the Lotus Exige 430s that's what a decent V6 should sound like. And that's using a effectively V6 from a Toyota Aurion .
Holy thread dig Batman.

Agreed, there are some really really decent sounding V6's out there but none of the Holdens are one of them.

The old Alfa V6's sounded heavenly, along with the Jag V6's of the last decade or so.

GM's just never been able to get a good note out of a V6, hence why put maaaaasive mufflers on them to keep them as quiet as possible, then P Platers come along and cut the mufflers off thinking that loud = good.

AJS000

Reaction score
Members Ride
I shall persist. Even if Cams and Crank are eventually replaced. No intention of replacing my V6 with a V8.

AJS000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can't aford it? Just want a reliable set of wheels? :D :D:cool:
Can't afford what?

Reliable? My SV6 has almost 325,000 on it lol
Just thinking what to do with it next.

Half tempted to overhaul it and turbo. Or do similar to Lotus with Toyota engines and supercharge.

Not like I'm in a rush yet. Car handles well, stops well. Now thinking about what happens with power

Reactions: Lex