Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Fuel gauge problems

NVGWELL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Hey guys.

Need a little advice here. I’ve been reading all the fuel gauge related posts on the forum, however I havnt been able to come across anything that was similar to my issue in my commodore.

So, I have an auto SV6 sedan, latest of the many other commodores I’ve owned over the years, and it’s got an issue with the fuel gauge that I couldn’t figure out. When I fill my tank, the gauge shows full, excellent, but when it gets to just below half way, it just stays at that position. The range on the cluster changes between 220k’s to 120k’s to go. The other day I went to the servo to fill up, gauge still at half way, and I ended up putting in 73litres.... that’s not half a tank full

So yea if anyone has any ideas on what it could be? I was thinking fuel sender unit?

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Hey guys.

Need a little advice here. I’ve been reading all the fuel gauge related posts on the forum, however I havnt been able to come across anything that was similar to my issue in my commodore.

So, I have an auto SV6 sedan, latest of the many other commodores I’ve owned over the years, and it’s got an issue with the fuel gauge that I couldn’t figure out. When I fill my tank, the gauge shows full, excellent, but when it gets to just below half way, it just stays at that position. The range on the cluster changes between 220k’s to 120k’s to go. The other day I went to the servo to fill up, gauge still at half way, and I ended up putting in 73litres.... that’s not half a tank full

So yea if anyone has any ideas on what it could be? I was thinking fuel sender unit?
How did you put in 73L when the tank is 73, did you push it to the servo?

NVGWELL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
It was like 72.53. So definitely almost bone dry

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Looks like a tank out job,
If that is the case,
I would do a complete fuel pump and sender unit replacement.
Due to the amount of work is involved,
However, if you don’t want go to that expense for a full pump and sensor replacement,
I have a gauge sender unit for sale,
that was working perfectly, as I did a full pump and sender unit replacement, but I should of re-used the gauge sender unit, where I can not be bothered to pull the car apart again for the third time to put the original sender back in.