Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve sv6, high beams? help

A

acca00

what is the problem when i turn the high beams on and all that happens is a loud sound like the horn is on and no high beams?
has it blown a fuse or something?
i still have warranty so i might just take the car back to holden

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
can you describe the sound a bit better?

wheres it coming from??

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
whatever it is, it a fault, go back to dealer

there should be no sound at all :)

A

acca00

I decided to take the car back to the local Holden dealership as i thought the problem would be covered by warranty, i dropped it off early this morning and i rang up in the afternoon to pick it up. Turns out when i took the old air box out to put the Walkinshaw one in i didn't re earth it properly... the pricks charged me $350 for 2.9 hours of labor. If i had of known the problem it would have taken me 5minutes to fix. shattered...

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
Cant thank you enough acca,

That exact same thing started on my wagon a couple of days ago. I had it booked in for service tomorrow. Put my Walky cold air on last week, but had not driven at night till Tuesday. You saved me a fortune....I feel I owe you a beer or several mate.

A

acca00

Cant thank you enough acca,

That exact same thing started on my wagon a couple of days ago. I had it booked in for service tomorrow. Put my Walky cold air on last week, but had not driven at night till Tuesday. You saved me a fortune....I feel I owe you a beer or several mate.

no problems mate, by the way i couldnt work out where to fit the piece that looks like an air inlet funnel, did you fit it to yours? i just left it out

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
No mate, I bought mine on ebay and I all I got was the main body and filter. By the way, pulled the intake out this morning and just sanded the paint from behind the earth post. Everything working fine now. Thanks again...