Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 LED's and headunit as well as some exhaust stuff

Lachlan2104

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore 2003 vu S series 2 ute
Hey guys,

Recently (a week ago) i sold my vu and purchased a 2010 ve sv6 series 1. I have been impressed with the car, quick, quite, reliable and so much fun to drive. But the interior as its a series 1 isnt the greatest, i would like to purchase a better headunit. I have searched for information on the matter but mostly came up short, I would like to change to something like the series 2 or the ssv 2012 headunit but unsure of compatibility and fitting. Could someone either explain this or link me to another page i couldnt find. Im preferable looking for an alternative with nav, bluetooth and a touch screen

Another thing i would like to do is add morphing lights on the taco like on my old vu. I cant find many people who have done it well, does anyone do it professionally in NSW? And the red screen in the center console and the one in the taco is their screens around of different colours? Ie blue or white.
Led conversion kits for the ve's ?

I found a cheap hardtop of a guy nearby and as it was the same colour i put it on and just went as it was so cheap, but i found a gap up the front near the start of the cab on both sides have a brought the wrong one?

And finally compared to my old vu (which had sports exhaust, high flow cat, hotdog and extractors) it doesnt sound anywhere near as good. Wondering which is the cheapest and best way to get a nicer note out of these cars?

Sorry about the lack of knowledge and question overload

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hey guys,

Recently (a week ago) i sold my vu and purchased a 2010 ve sv6 series 1. I have been impressed with the car, quick, quite, reliable and so much fun to drive. But the interior as its a series 1 isnt the greatest, i would like to purchase a better headunit. I have searched for information on the matter but mostly came up short, I would like to change to something like the series 2 or the ssv 2012 headunit but unsure of compatibility and fitting. Could someone either explain this or link me to another page i couldnt find. Im preferable looking for an alternative with nav, bluetooth and a touch screen

Another thing i would like to do is add morphing lights on the taco like on my old vu. I cant find many people who have done it well, does anyone do it professionally in NSW? And the red screen in the center console and the one in the taco is their screens around of different colours? Ie blue or white.
Led conversion kits for the ve's ?

I found a cheap hardtop of a guy nearby and as it was the same colour i put it on and just went as it was so cheap, but i found a gap up the front near the start of the cab on both sides have a brought the wrong one?

And finally compared to my old vu (which had sports exhaust, high flow cat, hotdog and extractors) it doesnt sound anywhere near as good. Wondering which is the cheapest and best way to get a nicer note out of these cars?

Sorry about the lack of knowledge and question overload

This site can help with the head unit swap

www.carmodder.com • Index page

Or Ultimate Conversion Wiring - Home he's a legend has done my HSV dash in to series 1 SS(just programmed)

Re exhaust don't really bother they all sound crap, put SS quad mufflers on and that's it.