Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 low rpm rattle

Lt dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 5.0L
Hi guys I have a 2006 ve sv6 6spd manual. I've been getting a pretty regular rattle coming from the car when I'm accelerating in 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd when the car is working its way through 1200 to 2000 rpm, it doesn't happen all the time mostly when accelerating around a round about or out of a corner. I usually get what I describe as kick back through the drive shafts and the acceleration seems somewhat flat.

I have had it in to motors to check the dreaded timing chain and they said not that at all but wouldn't look much further as they were too busy.

I do have a little clutch chatter when the clutch is not depressed and the car is in neutral. Looking for a bit of direction before sending it in to get looked at.

I have recently changed oil spark plugs and checked all heat shields for rattling but everything is in place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Check if it does it with the A/C turned on. I had a low rev rattle that I worked out to be the A/C compressor pulley. Only rattled with the A/C off and disappeared when turned on. I fitted new pulley dampeners and it solved it for me.

Lt dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 5.0L
I have checked that I have ran it with both ac on and off and it makes the noise regardless

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Check the centre bearing (on tailshaft.