Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 lowering??

xerxes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
hey guys im looking to lower my sv6 a bit, just wanted to know people experience with this, and how much they think is ideal to lower the car.
also i got quoted $1300, by holden, for them to do it, and its a new car, so my warrantly wont be void, is that a good price range?? thanx

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
ppl seem to get scared by the whole 'warranty will be voided' thing. it doesnt mean ur whole warranty is void. it just means in something goes wrong with the springs/shocks/whatever ur doing to lower it, its not covered.

but a good workshop will usually have some kind of warranty on their work anyways, so u wont lose out

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
if you look on ebay you can usually pick up a king spring / shock combo for around $700 bucks ... then some people charge round about 250 to install the rest is profit for holden ... note unless you go to SSSL's you probably wont need shocks anyway

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
you dont need shocks if youre only dropping 30-40mm, and you can get 4 springs off ebay for like $300, install for around $200! easy and cheap, dont get caught by people ripping you off for unnecessary parts or labour!

just remember that for the v6s the less weight in the front will mean you have to make sure you get the right springs, for example in kings springs - SL in rear & SSL in front will evenly drop the car 30mm, or SSL in rear & SSSL in front will evenly drop car 50mm (whereas in the v8s the springs all match) read the kings catalogue for more info

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner

xerxes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
well to be honest i dont know exactly what they are doing, i told them i wanna lower my car they said they can do it, so i dont really know what the go is... thing is with this car, im buyin it brand new, so i figured, might let holden do wateva to it themselves, and pay the extra money, but if anything goes wrong, its on them?? also, i have had other cars lowered and didnt have too many issues with driving, but does anyone scrape?? how do u go about driving over a speed hump?? thanks guys

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
I'd be more worried about insurance not covering you. Most mainstream insurance companies won't want to touch you at the first sign of a 'modification'.