Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will come. Just because it has direct injection doesn't mean it has to have a single exhaust port. Diesel engines have had direct injection for years.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i don't know if gm will make DI v8 remember port injection is supior for performance in fact if you want hp you want the injector as far away from in valve as you can get it.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
umm how about the fact that they no longer need to produce headers it can all be made on the one assembly line?

it is cast into the block so i cant see a cost saving but emmisions might be more likely

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
it is cast into the block so i cant see a cost saving but emmisions might be more likely

It would save them heaps, it saves time, less materials and more room in the bay.

I cant see how emmisions come into it, its just a cast the emmisimons would more be the location of the cats and other exhaust parts

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
It would save them heaps, it saves time, less materials and more room in the bay.

I cant see how emmisions come into it, its just a cast the emmisimons would more be the location of the cats and other exhaust parts

emmissions has a lot to do with port inlet and outlet desgin as it does placemwnt of cats
cats only efffect the nitrates of oxygen not the levels of hydrocarbons they are efeected by the combustion process including the design of intake exhaust and combustion chamber

i still fail to see a monetry value on the desgine as the cost of recertification and testing retuning of the exhaust system retooling of the assembly line distrabution and manufacture of the two exhaust systems

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
Just thought I'd come back into the conversation
When I bought the SV6 I bought it due to the performance that it gave off the get go.
Essentially I had thought that if I spend 34k compared to 50k you could then pour that 16k extra into the engine and eventually have a car that would monster past the 50k SS, inevitably saving you money in the long run.
Call me nieve if you wish but that was the plan, also as I have managed to get my job to pay for this car I wouldn't have been so lucky with the other one.
There lies the problem
Now if you are gonna say well wouldn't I have to give it back the answer will be no as it was part of the stipulation of the job and the contract I signed.
But getting back to the point if there is only one exhaust port what does that leave me with
Besides putting a CAI system in and a cat back exhaust is there anything left to do to the car???

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The problem as I see it is that you have bought a Prius with the hope of making it into an SS commodore.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
But getting back to the point if there is only one exhaust port what does that leave me with
Besides putting a CAI system in and a cat back exhaust is there anything left to do to the car???

CAI, cats, supercharger, tune, CPR6 manifold, turbo, ecu swap, cams, mace spacers etc.

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
Just thought I'd come back into the conversation
When I bought the SV6 I bought it due to the performance that it gave off the get go.
Essentially I had thought that if I spend 34k compared to 50k you could then pour that 16k extra into the engine and eventually have a car that would monster past the 50k SS, inevitably saving you money in the long run.
Call me nieve if you wish but that was the plan, also as I have managed to get my job to pay for this car I wouldn't have been so lucky with the other one.
There lies the problem
Now if you are gonna say well wouldn't I have to give it back the answer will be no as it was part of the stipulation of the job and the contract I signed.

well do u know that spendin 16k on a six is equal to spending about 4k on a 8... It is so much easier to get power out of an eight and cheaper per hp too... If you were after pure performance then low k SS would hav met ur needs much betta... Resale is also higher, Plus u get near 362hp stock! All of which is covered under warranty..

Don't get me wrong though my previous car was actually an 07 sv6 and it was a great cruiser, had really gud build quality, gud looks as well but I bought it for the wrong reason, performance.. Wasn't prepared to spend crap loads to get decent pwr figures from it so I bought the 8 and I hav no regrets..
wish u well on ur car if u do end up makin it quick enough to beat 8's it will be one hell of a beast all the best with it! :beer chug:

Last edited: