Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
a supercharger would be the cheapest way to get power out of the V6, proflow are getting 280rwkw+ on their turbo kit

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
bolt a charger on and let us know how it goes

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
I doubt i'll ever get a diff change on mine, as i do a fair amount of cruising

same here i got the sv6 because its a cruiser but a super charger down the line would be fun and she will still be a cruiser.

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
CAPA : Supercharger Kits

not sure if these work of the sidi motor???

but won't be long if not .

Just a thought, the single exhaust outlet-what size is the pipe out of there???
maybe you can go bigger?? 3"??
I know everyone will say its still restrictive but surely allowing the gas's to go straight inot a bigger pipe has gotta help??

But i agree if you wan't straight out performance got to 8. I test drove the Sv6 and for what i need it for more than happy. Horses for courses, performance = more $$$

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
small ports to big 3 inch pipe would cool the gasses to fast slowing down flow

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Yep, same. Only one exhaust port.

Sorry mate but your wrong. The 3.6L Sidi has proper headers. Its only the 3.0L SIDI with the single port! And just for the record I am betting its a cost cutting measure. Alot cheaper to cast a single port and just bolt the exhust straight up to it without the need for headers/extractors.

Took this photo quickly with the Iphone. Sorry its not the best but you get the point!

Attachments

• IMG_0096[1].jpg
    IMG_0096[1].jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 736

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
emmissions has a lot to do with port inlet and outlet desgin as it does placemwnt of cats
cats only efffect the nitrates of oxygen not the levels of hydrocarbons they are efeected by the combustion process including the design of intake exhaust and combustion chamber

i still fail to see a monetry value on the desgine as the cost of recertification and testing retuning of the exhaust system retooling of the assembly line distrabution and manufacture of the two exhaust systems

How does the shape of a cast pice metal in the exhaust system change the emmissions?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
sorry to sound like the typical V8 arse hole but i just bought a VY SS ute and i the day after getting it took it to CHE for OTR and tune the ute is completely stock otherwise. it made 222rwkw my sv6 with thousands i've spent on it only pulls 160rwkw on the same dyno not to say i don't love it it's a great car great looks nice to drive but if you want power get a v8.