Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
sorry to sound like the typical V8 arse hole but i just bought a VY SS ute and i the day after getting it took it to CHE for OTR and tune the ute is completely stock otherwise. it made 222rwkw my sv6 with thousands i've spent on it only pulls 160rwkw on the same dyno not to say i don't love it it's a great car great looks nice to drive but if you want power get a v8.

Unfortunatly you are sounding like a typical V8 &*^$%^&& :poke:

Some of us dont want to pay the extra money for the V8 and dont need the power either.

Is your SV6 the SIDI model?? I couldnt belive just how much better the SV6 SIDI motor was compared to the 190kw alloytec. It has to be driven to be believed!

My last car was a blown LS1. It was alot of fun but used to much fuel and my licence was paying for the weight of my right foot.

Some of us just dont need a V8 or have had a V8 and are trying something different!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
no it's the 195 version. but it makes a lot more power and a lot more torque then a standard sidi anyway.

my sv6 only just gets better fuel economy then the v8. sv6(8/100km) combine and about 9.5-10/100 with the v8. was like 14/100 before the tune though!!!.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
no it's the 195 version. but it makes a lot more power and a lot more torque then a standard sidi anyway.

my sv6 only just gets better fuel economy then the v8. sv6(8/100km) combine and about 9.5-10/100 with the v8. was like 14/100 before the tune though!!!.

So have you driven the 3.6L SIDI??

210kw and there is more to be made as the motor is detuned to allow more power to be made in the future.

On the rode it drives completly differently to any of the alloytec motors. It really gets up and moves. It feels very similar to my VX SS when I first got it.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
no i haven't but i've "driven past" plenty on the road.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L

9.5 combined in a v8?!?!

don't always believe what the readout is telling you dude... unless you are doing a hell of a lot of hwy km's and very little if any stop start. either way, i seriously doubt you are doing a legitimate 9.5. not calling you a liar, just saying that the readout is far from perfect.

Last edited:

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
i know it's out a bit as the fuel guage will read 1/4 but at the pump i'll only get 40litres in it's meant to be a 70l tank how does 30litres remaining equal 1/4 of a tank? i know they usually keep 5 litre for reserve so guage will read empty but you'll still have 5litres or so.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
i know it's out a bit as the fuel guage will read 1/4 but at the pump i'll only get 40litres in it's meant to be a 70l tank how does 30litres remaining equal 1/4 of a tank? i know they usually keep 5 litre for reserve so guage will read empty but you'll still have 5litres or so.

Something dosent add up there and if your getting those kind of numbers then there is no way i would believe your 9.5l/100km

My VY is out but not my that much, 30L is nearly half a tank
how many kms are you getting per fill?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
as said before look at the bright side, turbo manifolds for these motor would be so cheap, one small pipe and two flanges,

and you could make the ports bigger, not the end of the world

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

you've changed your tune, I remember you quoting 4.xl/100km once in the sv6.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
if you drive it like a grandma on the free way it can go very very low. but it actually requires alot of work to get it that low. 8ish(robably closer to 9) combine is still pretty good can get it low 7 high 6 on the freeway without too much thought going into it.

when i had the otr it ***ed the economy couldn't get it below 10 really. now with the k&n system it all good again.