Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
so how much gain should you expect from replacing the stock exhaust system with an aftermarket performance one?

Not much, you will find the stock system is very good for the VE, swapping to 2.5" will drone alot more, for a measly few kws. It would benefit from a muffler swap (redback are good) and sound abit better, if ya wanna go further I would swap in coated extractors.

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
Being I started this forum I thought I might add a few more things.
Out of curiosity I can pick up the V8 exhaust for 300 bucks and was wondering what your thoughts are on swapping the stock SV6 exhaust with the stock SS exhaust. Also I have found that the airhammer CAI for a pretty good price too so was wondering if you guys would suggest one or the other. Being I am from Sydney as well I have rang around to a few dyno tuning places here and they are tell me the same thing that nothing is available yet for it.
My question is though that I have been told that these engines are tuned back and you can feel the restrictors on it when driving, I wants to open up but it just won't.
Essentially I believe that you could easily get this engine to 235kw with just a simple tune but need to know where to go to get it done. If anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Being I started this forum I thought I might add a few more things.
Out of curiosity I can pick up the V8 exhaust for 300 bucks and was wondering what your thoughts are on swapping the stock SV6 exhaust with the stock SS exhaust. Also I have found that the airhammer CAI for a pretty good price too so was wondering if you guys would suggest one or the other. Being I am from Sydney as well I have rang around to a few dyno tuning places here and they are tell me the same thing that nothing is available yet for it.
My question is though that I have been told that these engines are tuned back and you can feel the restrictors on it when driving, I wants to open up but it just won't.
Essentially I believe that you could easily get this engine to 235kw with just a simple tune but need to know where to go to get it done. If anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie

exhaust is the same for sv6 and ss just the rear muffler are different
if you want to go down that path take the complete system get the hot dogs and crimped section replaced with straight through 2 1/4" pipe as apposed to the 2" they are and use the ss mufflers

this will give you a very european note and not be to loud but you will hear it
this is what i have done with mine so the missus is still perfectly happy to drive it no drone so bub can sleep in the back on drives and i have a complete stock system left over so i can put it on if i need to

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
remember thats on the 230kw 370nm engines, so 247kw 387nm tuned.

The 210kw might go up to 247kw, just waiting for the tune to land here.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
remember thats on the 230kw 370nm engines, so 247kw 387nm tuned.

The 210kw might go up to 247kw, just waiting for the tune to land here.

****... i forgot they're not detuned up there... ho ho ho it's gonna be x-mass all over :D :beer chug:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
yeah, don't hold your breathe lol, also remember they are downtuned for a reason, peak torque is reached at 2900 (350nm) in the SIDI's, where as the camaro's reach peak at like 5200 rpm (370).

I don't know the figures of the torque curve for the SIDI's, but the alloytec has 90% of it's torque from 1600rpm to something like 6000rpm, if it's similiar with the SIDI's, then that would be too sexy.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
I know this may sound stupid, but why cant the torque curve change to the ones the yanks have? If we can get 247kw out of the SIDI engine... My goal of tuning mine to 270kw to match the SSV will be closer and to show up the FG XR6 T owners. :)

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
If we can get 247kw out of the SIDI engine... My goal of tuning mine to 270kw to match the SSV will be closer and to show up the FG XR6 T owners. :)

You're misguided if you think you can tune your SV6 to even get close to an FG XR6T or SSV. Also you can 'tune' all you want to get the same kw as the SSV but you won't get the torque.