Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
You're misguided if you think you can tune your SV6 to even get close to an FG XR6T or SSV. Also you can 'tune' all you want to get the same kw as the SSV but you won't get the torque.

I have taken the liberty of contacting trifecta directly..... here is their response to me qeustioning about a possibility of a tune in Australia.....

...."Yes, we’ve proven the ability to tune both the LY7 and LLT engines. We saw a 2010 Camaro go from 241HP stock to 400HP with a single turbo at 6psi.

We have a reseller program where we can make our tuning available in remote locations, but we do not sell tuning software like VCM Suite guys do. As for making some sort of deal with them, I’m not sure how that would work. It’s not that they can’t figure it out, my guess is that it’s just a lower priority for them at the moment.

If someone there were to set up to be a reseller for us, our tuning could become available.

Hope this helps.

- Vince Geglia

Trifecta Performance, Inc. "

There is a market for these, but there is also a need for a distributor/reseller.....the tune IS OUT THERE! They CAN be tuned the **** out of...

Edit: I thought I would add that I would be one of the first if not first custommers for this....

Last edited:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hi SV6sidiUte
Try contacting some local performance shops - there's a HUGE demand for a sidi tune in Sydney at least. They might be interested. Would certainly give their customer base a boost and could be worth the investment. Plenty of sidi owners would be looking for a tune even without other mods but there would be a big influx of clients wanting exhaust and intake parts aswell if a tune became available. Test the waters. Could be worth it. All it takes is for one shop to be interested and it will take off.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
Hi SV6sidiUte
Try contacting some local performance shops - there's a HUGE demand for a sidi tune in Sydney at least. They might be interested. Would certainly give their customer base a boost and could be worth the investment. Plenty of sidi owners would be looking for a tune even without other mods but there would be a big influx of clients wanting exhaust and intake parts aswell if a tune became available. Test the waters. Could be worth it. All it takes is for one shop to be interested and it will take off.

That's right, I'll be mentioning it to a tuning joint around the corner see what they say. I've made a thread on the tuning section but so far no reply. Wait and see... i want that tune :)

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
That's right, I'll be mentioning it to a tuning joint around the corner see what they say. I've made a thread on the tuning section but so far no reply. Wait and see... i want that tune :)

Second that motion!

bigworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 sidi
i want a turbo kit, 400 on 6psi i think thats a winner any1 no any more about these tunes

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Guys Dale at CHE has already announced that he will be able to tune the SIDI motors soon. He will aslo be able to tune the earlier VE alloytecs. The VZ's can already be tuned.
Just remember even if you can get 240kw out of the SIDI you will not have the torque a LS# V8 will have and torque is what wins races, though a 240kw v6 runaround still sounds like alot of fun :)

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Guys Dale at CHE has already announced that he will be able to tune the SIDI motors soon. He will aslo be able to tune the earlier VE alloytecs. The VZ's can already be tuned.
Just remember even if you can get 240kw out of the SIDI you will not have the torque a LS# V8 will have and torque is what wins races, though a 240kw v6 runaround still sounds like alot of fun :)

Stupid question... If we could pump 240kw out of the sidi and not have the torque to match well how can we increase torque? (here to learn)

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stupid question... If we could pump 240kw out of the sidi and not have the torque to match well how can we increase torque? (here to learn)

Boost or stroker kit.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Oh ok thanks for that, for the second stupid question i'm assuming boost would be by forced induction but could you explain the term stroker?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stroking the motor increases the the distance the piston travels up and down in the motor, this effectively increases the displacement of the engine. A good example of this is the old 308ci and newer 304ci V8's get stroked to 355cu's. Im pretty sure the old Ecotec had a stroker kit available which brought them to 4.2L's from 3.8L??