Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
confirmed, have both the omega's sidi 3.0L and sv6 3.6L Sidi at work .... (AVIS car rental) omegas have one exhaust port per head. sv6's have 3 per head.

the 3.0L is 190Kw from memory.... 3.6L is 210Kw. and there is a rumour that the series 2 is 225Kw,,, can anyone confirm this?

The exhaust on the SV6 is probably as good as you are ever going to get. it is a mandrel bent stainless steel exhuast.... Why would you change it. I'd love to supercharge one of these motors.

a VZ alloytec can make around 440Kw supercharged, but the ve series motor's only do 310kw according to CAPA's latest magazine ads. any reason for this?

NE55VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY10 SIDI - MANUAL
Hey guys,
Please do keep us updated on any additional information for a tune on the SIDI, i have the 3.6L, apparently there are businesses willing to experiment only with the 3.0Ls (omegas etc) for the time being!
I can't wait to do my exhaust, tune and air intake,
they go pretty good in my opinion!

NE55VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY10 SIDI - MANUAL
Hey Dale,
So VCM/ Hp Tuners have finally released it?
Please keep us updated.

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
VCM have nothing to do with my software.. we are the only shop in AUS that can custom tune the 08-11 v6's

SIDI gains are in line with the previous models of 20rwhp gains in the top end..

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
Hey guys,
Please do keep us updated on any additional information for a tune on the SIDI, i have the 3.6L, apparently there are businesses willing to experiment only with the 3.0Ls (omegas etc) for the time being!
I can't wait to do my exhaust, tune and air intake,
they go pretty good in my opinion!

EFI live and HPT will both support the 3L SIDI engine shortly as the PCM in that model is the same as the new range of V8s use.

neither will support the bosch controller in the 08-10 and SIDI 3.6L engines any time soon! LOL

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Ok...so about 15rwkw. So guys does that mean 15rwkw without CAI and exhaust mods? (now for some wishful speculation) If so could you hope for a further 15 or so with these mods? Giving a total gain of possibly 30rwkw? That would be nice....approximately 190kw at the rears? What sort of torque gain might this equate to? All these questions...where's an oracle when you need one :)

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
15rwkw up on a car with exhaust and intake mods.. havent dynoed a stock one yet