Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 my12 Dyno 210RWHP

oky

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 sv6. my12
Have a few mods on my VE MY12 sv6 with a orsom OTR 12mm mace spacer, 20% power bond under drive pulley and a 2.5 twin cat back exhust. I was let down after getting the numbers as I have seen 204 rwkw with the same mods as mine. I think people are over quoting there cars and mis leading others what they can get. This is not good as this is a advice place not a rubbish place and it must stop.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Did you just have a dyno run or was it tuned? If the number is that low then I'd imagine it hasn't been tuned cause 210rhwp is around what they would be producing stock.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You need to compare apples with apples, different dynos, weather, the way the vehicle was strapped down, fuel, the gear the car was run up in etc all play a part in achieving a final number. Hell you'll see a 20hp+ difference depending on the brand of dyno used and that is before any of the other variable are taken into account.

Maybe there is an underlying service issue that needs to be looked at?

With the mods done, does the vehicle driver better than it was stock?

At the end of the day, a dyno is a tuning tool. The only truly usable numbers you get from them are if you do a before and after dyno run so you can see what the gains are or if you do a direct comparison between multiple vehicles (which are all run up on the same day and about the same time).

Sleepa83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SV6 series 2 SIDI
I have a 2011 VE SV6 SIDI and to date my current mods include; SS Growler CAI, 20% underdriven balancer kit, polished extractors and high flow cats, Xforce 2/14 inch sports exhaust, injectors sonic cleaned, Exedy HD clutch, solid flywheel, torque lock lsd diff with 3.9 gears and was finished with a custom dyno tune, It made 180rwkw, 440nm torque on the dyno. My mechanic said they could have tuned it more aggressively however it would have had terrible fuel consumption. With the 3.9 diff gears it feels a lot quicker to drive, I struggle for traction now if I give it a hard time off the mark. I believe with a more aggressive tune and with the addition of cams it would easily produce over 200rwkw.