Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 rear seats

blerimr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore sv6
Hey, i have a 2010 ve sv6 series II sedan and it may be a silly question but do the rear seats fold down ?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Just the centre. It's spastic as.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I'm shocked no one has made a mod to allow the seats to fold down... Would make things much more practical IMHO :D

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
I'm shocked no one has made a mod to allow the seats to fold down... Would make things much more practical IMHO :D

im guessing this is because if someone wanted a practical VE they would just get a ute or if it was a one off a trailer hire

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
im guessing this is because if someone wanted a practical VE they would just get a ute or if it was a one off a trailer hire

You forgot about the wagon :p

I agree, but is very handy to be able to put the back seats down. May only need it every so often, but it is a good feature to have available.

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
AFAIK no commodore has ever been able to do this, the steel panel behind the rear seats might have something to do with it!

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Pretty sure it's a safety thing to stop heavy items in the boot from crushing passengers sitting in the rear seats in a front end collision.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Pretty sure it's a safety thing to stop heavy items in the boot from crushing passengers sitting in the rear seats in a front end collision.

cant see that this would be the case, wagons can fold down fine and with a cargo barrier they can hold just about anything in... cant see that theres no way to do a mod for wagon seats in a sedan (although ive never owned a commodore sedan...) might be worth a shot?

Ingy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Holden commodore VE SV6
Just the centre. It's spastic as.
Is it possible to lower that center rest of the rear seat through the boot? Is there a leaver or something in the boot that can unlock the center chair? As I’ve locked my keys in my car but my boot is still open so I can access the boot but just having trouble opening the center chair as doesn’t look like anyway to do that from boots yea?