Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 revs growing after gear changes

Wil trattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 series 2
Hey guys so I’ve noticed this with my commodore right.

So when I’m going up a gear let’s say, 2-3 if traction is off and I get my revs up enough once my clutch is out my revs will go up really fast just curious if this is my car doing a burnout or if my clutch is still engaged.

Anyone with any similar experience?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hey guys so I’ve noticed this with my commodore right.

So when I’m going up a gear let’s say, 2-3 if traction is off and I get my revs up enough once my clutch is out my revs will go up really fast just curious if this is my car doing a burnout or if my clutch is still engaged.

Anyone with any similar experience?
Sounds like the clutch is slipping. I assume you’d know if it was doing a burnout or not. Normally the clutch will start slipping in the higher gears first as that’s where the highest load/stress is on the clutch.

If your revving it up and letting the clutch out then of course that’s going to put it under a lot more stress. How many kms has it done since the clutch was replaced last?

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Cars don't do burnouts, only (stupid) drivers do burnouts.
Lol. I think the saying applies here, just because we can, doesnt mean we should. Needless to say, i left works carpark sideways the other day. Was in a show off mood and didnt know the auto had it in her.