Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve sv6 seized engine

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
no oil under car and no smoke

If you checked the oil level a week earlier and it did not need topping up, possibly the only way the oil level could have dropped extremely low in that short period is if you had a significant external oil leak so the oil is blowing out of the system under normal operating pressure.

Surely there must be more to this story.

IF the sump is very low there is no way you would not have got both an engine oil low warning and most likely a low oil pressure warning come up on the dash display at some stage.

Good luck with it. Hopefully they will find a component failure that resulted in an external oil leak.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If you checked the oil level a week earlier and it did not need topping up, possibly the only way the oil level could have dropped extremely low in that short period is if you had a significant external oil leak so the oil is blowing out of the system under normal operating pressure.

Surely there must be more to this story.

IF the sump is very low there is no way you would not have got both an engine oil low warning and most likely a low oil pressure warning come up on the dash display at some stage.

Good luck with it. Hopefully they will find a component failure that resulted in an external oil leak.

I read an article in a local rag during the last week where a VE was found to have extremely low oil in the sump, had no warning lights operating and took three litres for anything to register on the dipstick. The engine was running fine and had given no indications either of oil loss or impending failure. Strange things, these Alloytecs,

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
would the oil warning light be related to a computer fault? iv had the car into holden a couple times now first time the cat needed replacing next time engine light came on and they found no fault so reset it.

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
im stumped as to where so much oil has gone maybe i read the dipstick wrong and didnt wipe it off properly there was still oil on the stick yesterday but after a few wipes it was dry as a bone im shocked that such a new car could burn oil like that if thats the case surely it would smoke like a train if it used that much oil ? im kinda pissed that no warning lights came on

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Is the sump plug still there?

Also, when you say there is no oil on the dip stick after a few wipes, what do you mean?

Just at the moment I am interpreting it as after you wipe the dip stick, there is no oil on it.

If there is oil in the sump, could be something has clogged the pick up.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
maybe i read the dipstick wrong and didnt wipe it off properly

Did you take the dipstick out, wipe it clean and dip it back in then pull it out to check how much was in there?

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
I read an article in a local rag during the last week where a VE was found to have extremely low oil in the sump, had no warning lights operating and took three litres for anything to register on the dipstick. The engine was running fine and had given no indications either of oil loss or impending failure. Strange things, these Alloytecs,

Mine took around 3.6ltrs, no oil light on the only reason I found the issue was I had a air noise coming from the dash. The car only had ,5000km on clock and had the 1,500km service 3 weeks earlier.

The noise would only happen when I accelerated up to moving traffic speed then took my foot of the gas and I would get the whoosh sound from the dash.

Took it to Holden and the tech said it was some cam actuators or something, the car had used that amount of oil in 3,000km which is 2.5 weeks driving for me.