Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve sv6 seized engine

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
hey guys holden initialy said they not covering us as we serviced our car at a non holden dealership . we have spoke to the company and they assure us they are authorised to carry out logbook servicing on new cars and there is no way our warrnty is void they are also prepared to back us up with the issue. that was early today now they say they are talking to warrnty people their side

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If the likely cause of your engine failure was a component failure due to inferior material or production standards then you would expect the warranty to cover cost of repair/replacement. If engine failure was as a result of lack of oil and there was no obvious leak etc then you may find a warranty claim ore difficult to achieve. As for non-Holden servicing. Yes you are may be correct, HOWEVER, I suggest that you very carefully read and probably re-read all the terms and conditions of your obligations as an owner in regard to the warranty and servicing of your vehicle. You may be in for some surprises. You may need to consult a Solicitor. Your Auto Club may be able to provide advice and assistance in the matter. Suggest you contact them. They may even be able to perform some preliminary diagnostics as to a possible cause of the problem. Good luck.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
As usual, the " I want a new car", then the "ill get it serviced buy any one but the dealership".
Dont buy new cars if yo want "pops service center" to service your car and then holden to just drop their pants for you.

Take it back to the "non holden dealership" and have them cover what ever work was performed.
Actually, im not sure why I give a ****, its obviously your wife's car.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
As usual, the " I want a new car", then the "ill get it serviced buy any one but the dealership".
Dont buy new cars if yo want "pops service center" to service your car and then holden to just drop their pants for you.

Take it back to the "non holden dealership" and have them cover what ever work was performed.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at but as far as I'm concerned dealers should only exist to purchase cars and to repair said cars under a factory warranty. Their excessive service prices are bullshit and a "Bobs Garage" stamp in the log book is no different to "Bobs Holden Dealer". In fact I've had better service from someone who depends on good worth of mouth and decent customer service than one who has a dealer logo above their workshop.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

LMAO! Only time my car has been in a dealer is for warranty work, as if I would let some 16 year old muppet work on my car.

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2

who said it was pops service center ? plenty of great mechanics out there who have workshops well equip t to deal with late model cars , using genuine parts and lubricants , and what makes you think that "pops" had any thing to do with the fault that caused the alert system to not kick in ? iv had it in to holden in between that service 3 times for various other warranty issues. as a consumer im within my rights to use competent qualified people to service my car providing they use correct parts and lubricant and follow the schedule of the logbook which i believe they have .

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
My car went back to the stealership for a warranty claim.. It's been serviced by 2 other mechanics and done right..

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
as an update the guys at the dealership have worked on the car today and have found that the switch to the oil light was faulty, they managed to get it started , though it does not sound pretty , definately needs bottom end rebuild ,or a replacement short motor , until they reach an agreement with Holden HQ thats all they can say but they are on my side by the sounds of it , ill hopefully have good news tomorrow . thanks

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
as an update the guys at the dealership have worked on the car today and have found that the switch to the oil light was faulty, they managed to get it started , though it does not sound pretty , definately needs bottom end rebuild ,or a replacement short motor , until they reach an agreement with Holden HQ thats all they can say but they are on my side by the sounds of it , ill hopefully have good news tomorrow . thanks

holden now want service history of the 30000 k service which was before i bougjt it from the dealer apparently eurocar hire company owned it in melbourne didnt get the log book stamped so i have no bloody idea how to track down down the garage who serviced it . any ideas ?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Probably serviced it themselves, call and ask them.