Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve sv6 seized engine

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
had car back now coming up two weeks we have just noticed what looks like transmission fluid leaking on our garage floor , i had a look witha torch and i can see where its come from on the drivers side a small short steel tube which i have no idea if it should have a tube or hose on or not , also as an added insult they cannot even explain yet what work they have done to my car it appears toi be in no mans land. any ideas guys cheers .

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Probably the dipstick tube, and it hasn't sealed properly on re-assembly

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
Probably the dipstick tube, and it hasn't sealed properly on re-assembly

cheers so is that tube supposed to be plugged up ? and is my tranny at risk from cooking

l.k.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sidi sv6 2010 1988 vl vacationer
2010 s2 sv6 on way to gym this morn and hear a ticking noise, followed closely by complete loss of power, car is due for 75k service in about 2000 ks , the oil level was very low , i find this odd as i checked it last week and all was fine , noticed no warning lights or anything , is this common on sv6 s2s ? the racq guy said its poked as far as he can tell , will my warranty cover me for this ? log book servicing is upto date, iv had it towed to holden for them to inspect on monday.
not a bloody great way to start my weekend :realangry

my 2010 sv6 sidi at 30000 ks used about a third of the oil between the low and high line in a 15000 ks service. i know of another that was either 2 or 4 litres (tho a higher mileage) maybe holden should look at the fact that my 25 year old vl at 350 000 ks is going through no more than half a litre in 10 000ks (and all that is probably going through the rocker cover gasket! this is why its my daily runner)

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
my 2010 sv6 sidi at 30000 ks used about a third of the oil between the low and high line in a 15000 ks service. i know of another that was either 2 or 4 litres (tho a higher mileage) maybe holden should look at the fact that my 25 year old vl at 350 000 ks is going through no more than half a litre in 10 000ks (and all that is probably going through the rocker cover gasket! this is why its my daily runner)

You must be lucky and got a good one, mine is under half mark on stick and they topped it up about 1,000km back. Prob burnt most on it's 1st trip on the weekend. Lucky it wasn't too long 750km. Fuel use dropped back to 8.5 lt/100km, been running 98 premium to help clean it. Coolant temp was steady 93-94C and was still warm 3hrs after shut down. Is this normal for Winter Hwy cruising on speed limit.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Obviously this is not a problem on all V6 engines.

For the record, my MY09, I had no oil consumption problems. With my MY11, I had to add oil as it reached the lower mark on the dipstick at 11,000 km. However, after that I never had to add oil - it would get to about halfway between top and bottom marks at 15,000 km.

My MY12.5 now has 13,000 km on it. I checked it about 12,000 km, and the level was still at the full mark.

My sympathies to those having trouble.