Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Series 1 Rims Plasti Dipped.

Rayrayrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hey guys,
Just a quick question has anyone with a Series 1 SV6 plasti dipped their rims black??
thinking of doing it as its fairly cheap.

also the body colour is voodoo blue :)

just wanting to see some pictures to get a good idea of what it would look like..

Thanks.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
There is a guy here with a yellow VE with black painted SV6 wheels. Sorry I cannot remember where the thread with the photo is. Maybe someone else can point you to it.

In any case, having seen the photos, those wheels when painted black look 2nd rate and a bit cheap in my opinion. You are better off with silver if you stick with those 18" factory wheels.

On the other hand, the 19 inch VE series 1 SSV 5 spoke wheels painted black look very good (as they also do in silver) There are a few photos of cars on this site with that paint job done.

Plasti dip must be carried out on a perfectly clean and grease free surface and run over and around edges. Otherwise you will find it will lift. On the other hand it is not permanent and when you want to get rid of it you can fairly easily remove it.

Powder coating is the better way to go if you want a new finish on your wheels and you have different gloss levels you can choose from. Depends how much cash you want to spend though.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
IMO, no rims look good black.

A lighter shade, like brown or grey, looks so much better!
See HoZy's car for what I mean!

Also, Series one SS rims dont look nice painted at all, IMO.
Get dark grey rims or something

Kinng