Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 series 2 audio help!!

Zanati

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6 Series 2
Hello,

I own a 2010 Series 2 SV6 Ve. I want to redo the audio because currently it sounds like ****. Looking at the KS Series 6.5" Components.

These work best at 125W, however I'm confused whether I need a new head unit or amplifiers to run these, as I want a pair in the front and back doors. Do I need to purchase anything else but these speakers?

Cheers,

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hello,

I own a 2010 Series 2 SV6 Ve. I want to redo the audio because currently it sounds like ****. Looking at the KS Series 6.5" Components.

These work best at 125W, however I'm confused whether I need a new head unit or amplifiers to run these, as I want a pair in the front and back doors. Do I need to purchase anything else but these speakers?

Cheers,
Have a look in the VE section about updating the factory speakers

Last edited:

Zanati

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6 Series 2
Yeah I have looks complicated. Does anyone know how much Watts the stock audio output is. From the stock radio?? So I can decide on my amp...

Afterwords

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ute 3.6 Thunder
So i have a ve ute 2011. Last weekend i fitted a pair of Focal R165s2 component speakers bought off Ebay for $120 to the rear compartment, just behind drivers seat area. My door speakers have also upgraded.
I also connected up a amp to drive them as i know the head units will not be strong enough but didn't want to change it. Under my passenger seat i have a Kicker amp/sub in one enclosure. With this its awesome, amp is barely working but its how i want it.
Food for thought.

Sub zero VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Sv6
So just upgrading the centre and door speakers in my Sv6 Won’t do much unless I add an amp?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
So just upgrading the centre and door speakers in my Sv6 Won’t do much unless I add an amp?
Best bet is to disconnect the centre speaker add amp and speakers . Just changing speakers won't improve sound quality.

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I recently upgraded my front speakers from stock to Alpine type S and does not sound as good as stock. I have now just bought an amp and plan to amp just the front speakers.
The IQ unit has no power to run upgraded speakers. You need an amp.