Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 series 2 O2 sensor issues

Richard H

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 Sportswagon
Hi All,

I’m new to the forum and at my wits end. Have had the Engine light coming on the last few months and throwing codes.

I’ve got a 2010 SV6 Sportwagon, LLT engine.

First it started with P0430 and P0431 so I replaced all the O2 sensors with NTK sensors.

Now I’ve got P0141 and P0161 pending and permanent.

Cleared all the codes when i had the sensors replaced but these 2 codes keep coming back.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix it before I start going down the path of replacing cats, injectors and every other sensor?

I bought the car with 125k on the clock and replaced all the plugs and coils as soon as I got it to make sure of trouble free motoring but now this issue is bugging me. I clear the codes and they come back after 10k.

I’ve been trolling the forum but can’t find a direct answer to the problem

Any help is greatly appreciated.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well that's a bummer! Either the cats themselves are failing or the new rear O2 sensors have failed again. If you're going to try replacing either sensor I suggest going with Bosch this time. Bosch made the original O2 sensors on my VE and probably yours too. At least those codes for the rear o2s shouldn't effect the drive.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Well that's a bummer! Either the cats themselves are failing or the new rear O2 sensors have failed again. If you're going to try replacing either sensor I suggest going with Bosch this time. Bosch made the original O2 sensors on my VE and probably yours too. At least those codes for the rear o2s shouldn't effect the drive.

Plus 1!
Don't 'cheap out' on oxy sensors...

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Plus 2 !
I tend to agree with greenacc & Imoengnr, :)
I read the aftermarket ones are not compatible as they make out,:mad:
Go with the Bosch ones ;)

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
TPS, IAC and MAF are all connected with the 02 sensor, one plays up can send a fault code, maybe wrong but that's how the vt-vz work.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Went through a few brands on the VZ only to come back to Bosch and have the codes vanish.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
LoL, my original Bosch set lasted 240 ish thousand ks before the first one died. I replaced 3 of them and all still going 30 thousand ks later.
Like with any fault code that pops up, give the engine bay a thorough look before you go buying anything. All the filters, electrical plugs, wiring, hoses, battery leads etc. Sometimes the slightest issue can cause random faults to appear further down the line and confuse even experienced mechanics.