Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 series 2 O2 sensor issues

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No. Cheap is when you buy from WGIT on eBay. That’s cheap. Not Bosch.
The point being when OEM O2’s are used, the problems disappear on these cars.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
So you're saying NTK are expensive junk?
No never tried one, and your the one who said it was remember, I just told you they were not cheap, they go for around 220-230 Bosch must be junk they are only around the 110-150 mark, your words not mine.
Plus 1!
Don't 'cheap out' on oxy sensors...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
No never tried one, and your the one who said it was remember, I just told you they were not cheap, they go for around 220-230 Bosch must be junk they are only around the 110-150 mark, your words not mine.

Well, the Bosch units aren't actually cheap, are they? But they work!
Why would you want to be royally ripped off by buying junk at twice the price?

Richard H

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 Sportswagon
Well, the Bosch units aren't actually cheap, are they? But they work!
Why would you want to be royally ripped off by buying junk at twice the price?
Well sounds like I’m back to Bursons on Monday to get Bosch ones. Might as well change them all again so I don’t get any other issues.

Gotta say the NTK ones definitely aren’t cheap, at $500 for the set I only got them because that’s what was in stock.

Going to change the MAF at the same time as well as the temp sensor as I read they’re all connected. Anyone offer a word on what was stock?

The car is my daily driver for work and does 500k a week driving round Sydney. Having an engine light on annoys the poop out of me, but trying to track the source can annoy me more.

Thanks for all the help so far, has been a fun Saturday under the bonnet cleaning plugs and making sure connectors were all tight.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well sounds like I’m back to Bursons on Monday to get Bosch ones. Might as well change them all again so I don’t get any other issues.

Gotta say the NTK ones definitely aren’t cheap, at $500 for the set I only got them because that’s what was in stock.

Going to change the MAF at the same time as well as the temp sensor as I read they’re all connected. Anyone offer a word on what was stock?

The car is my daily driver for work and does 500k a week driving round Sydney. Having an engine light on annoys the poop out of me, but trying to track the source can annoy me more.

Thanks for all the help so far, has been a fun Saturday under the bonnet cleaning plugs and making sure connectors were all tight.
The MAF should be ok I be looking at your ICA and TPS first, give your throttle body a good clean.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Might want to check and clean the throttle body as well.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'm a tight ass so I'd only buy 1 or 2 sensors and see if anything changes. You don't want to spend another 500 bucks and then find out you need new cats instead. The rear O2 sensors are the cheapest place to start.

Richard H

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 Sportswagon
Then just remove the globe lol.
Would have to remove the display in the centre too. That damn engine with the lightning bolt really erks me!

Maybe if I cover up the dash completely, no need for the speedo. I drive in Sydney traffic, not like I ever reach the speed limit.