Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 series 2 O2 sensor issues

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Would have to remove the display in the centre too. That damn engine with the lightning bolt really erks me!

Maybe if I cover up the dash completely, no need for the speedo. I drive in Sydney traffic, not like I ever reach the speed limit.
If its running good and the light is on and all your fluids are good and your alternator isn't overcharging then don't worry just keep driving, you might have a bad earth wire on the sensor maybe.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Theres no globe. They are LED's soldered as part of the boards.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just go to tuner and get the rear 02's ignored so they wont show any codes then u wont have to worry bout them ever again, and if something does happen u know its the fronts as the issue

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Did you check the efficiency / operation of the catalytic converters before you replaced the 02 sensors.
A) looking at live data on a scan tool, you should see the 02 voltage on B1S2 and B2S2 remain steady high at around 0.7mv.

B) you can use a infrared thermometer to measure the temp at the entry and exit of the cats. The exit temp should be around 30-50 degrees hotter

C) you can measure back pressure of the cat by removing each pre-cat O2 sensor and using a pressure gauge. Backpressure readings at idle should generally be less than 1.5 psi (10 kPa)

Do you still have the old rear O2 sensors? If so you can buy something like eBay item 282256410019. This has a mini cat in it and is used as spacer which eliminates check engine light for catalytic inefficiency DTC's

You should also check the wiring harness to make sure everything is in tact without any breaks or shorts.

My car is also has a LLT engine and I did an ECU software update which increases the threshold for the catalytic converters to determine their effeciency. This update was from GM tis2web
https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/

Ruthvik100

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 ve
Hi All,

I’m new to the forum and at my wits end. Have had the Engine light coming on the last few months and throwing codes.

I’ve got a 2010 SV6 Sportwagon, LLT engine.

First it started with P0430 and P0431 so I replaced all the O2 sensors with NTK sensors.

Now I’ve got P0141 and P0161 pending and permanent.

Cleared all the codes when i had the sensors replaced but these 2 codes keep coming back.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix it before I start going down the path of replacing cats, injectors and every other sensor?

I bought the car with 125k on the clock and replaced all the plugs and coils as soon as I got it to make sure of trouble free motoring but now this issue is bugging me. I clear the codes and they come back after 10k.

I’ve been trolling the forum but can’t find a direct answer to the problem

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hey, I’ve been having the exact same problem now with my sv6 ve series 2. Have you found any solution with these problem?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
NoTToP1.png

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I would only use Bosch O2 sensors on a VE. You need to work out if the sensors are bad, the wiring, or if it's the cats or exhaust issue.

Ruthvik100

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 ve
Hi All,

I’m new to the forum and at my wits end. Have had the Engine light coming on the last few months and throwing codes.

First it started with P0430 and P0431 so I replaced all the O2 sensors with NTK sensors.

Cleared all the codes when i had the sensors replaced but these 2 codes keep coming back.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix it before I start going down the path of replacing cats, injectors and every other sensor?

I bought the car with 125k on the clock and replaced all the plugs and coils as soon as I got it to make sure of trouble free motoring but now this issue is bugging me. I clear the codes and they come back after 10k.

I’ve been having same issues, any solutions?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

nikstik

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series2 wagon
Hi All,

Have the same issue, after brand new NTK sensors x4 , new injectors and timing chain kit and after 80ks code p0141-00 p0161-00 & p02273-00 came back.