Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sv6 series II manual conversion

Kaila Davidson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 commodore
Has anyone converted their auto to manual and can talk me through their process? Really thinking of doing it, but haven’t seemed to found anyone that’s done it on the series 2

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I hope you’ve got deep pockets lol, yes it can be done but soooo much has to be purchased and changed over that would be cost prohibitive if your paying someone to do all the work for you

Kaila Davidson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 commodore
I’ve found a conversion kit that’s come from a 2008, including all parts needed. But don’t think that it’ll fit into the 2011, is that correct? or would it fit with some work.. computers calibrated etc?

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Has anyone converted their auto to manual and can talk me through their process? Really thinking of doing it, but haven’t seemed to found anyone that’s done it on the series 2
Just sell what you have for whatever you can get and buy a manual. It'll end up being cheaper

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I’ve found a conversion kit that’s come from a 2008, including all parts needed. But don’t think that it’ll fit into the 2011, is that correct? or would it fit with some work.. computers calibrated etc?

No, the ECUs will be engine and gearbox specific so it needs to be a manual ECU for your particular engine. Then you need to have somebody link the new ECU to the cars BCM with a Tech2.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You also need the whole dash out (including HVAC) to replace the auto pedal plate and install a manual pedal plate. You can’t modify them. The metal is too weak. Wreckers like to save up the manual pedal plates for conversions.

The whole process is a head fk. Mostly because of the technology attached to it all. The gearbox swap is the easy bit.

You should also check out your diff and driveshaft. Make sure the ratios and lengths are good.

People aren’t being diks when they are saying, just get a manual and sell your auto.

Even if you had the car for nothing, the cost of your time, parts and stress would come close to making it a waste.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

ShadesLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Series II SV6 Sportswagon
You also need the whole dash out (including HVAC) to replace the auto pedal plate and install a manual pedal plate. You can’t modify them. The metal is too weak. Wreckers like to save up the manual pedal plates for conversions.

The whole process is a head fk. Mostly because of the technology attached to it all. The gearbox swap is the easy bit.

You should also check out your diff and driveshaft. Make sure the ratios and lengths are good.

People aren’t being diks when they are saying, just get a manual and sell your auto.

Even if you had the car for nothing, the cost of your time, parts and stress would come close to making it a waste.

This may be true, but say I have an SV6 VE wagon and dislike the 6spd auto trans, then I can't simply buy one. So I am wanting to convert mine to manual if I can get a good gearbox & pedal box. I am aware it's a lot of work, but again curious if anyone has actually done it. My biggest concern here is that there obviously are no manual wagon computers as they never existed, unless I can get my hands on an SS or SSV wagon set and it won't cause me issues. I've done conversions in older cars, but nothing as new as a S2 VE.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
This may be true, but say I have an SV6 VE wagon and dislike the 6spd auto trans, then I can't simply buy one.
My biggest concern here is that there obviously are no manual wagon computers as they never existed, unless I can get my hands on an SS or SSV wagon set and it won't cause me issues. I've done conversions in older cars, but nothing as new as a S2 VE.

ECU doesn't matter for body shape. V8 ECUs are going to be useless for the 6 though. Realistically the only good way to do this is with a wreck so you have all the looms/modules/parts.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

Second that also.