Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 series II ute mods ??

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Very useful once again CSP :)....although I guess it is an improvement as you'd usually respond with a don't bother or buy a V8. As CSP has alluded to Rusty there is heaps of info on this website on SIDI mods have a bit of a search around. I've stuck a Growler CAI on mine and am happy with how it responded to the change. There is also a tune available for it as well as extractors. I haven't tinted but I understand there are some do's and don't's so hopefully someone will give you a reasonable reply on that.

Last edited:

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
Hey guys any suggestions for cai on the sv6 also any joints I can get my windows tinted that are good? Also any suggestions for mods on my car would be great thanks guys
Rusty

Just 2c from me... When I got my windows done, they trimmed a small triangle off the rear top corner of each front window tint. Apparently, the top corner rubs on the rubber seals and chafes the tint. Cutting off the corner stops this - both my VEs were tinted a year ago and the tint is 100% still stuck on with no peeling at the top. Was done by Tint Professor and I wangled a good deal for both Ute and Sedan plus it was near the end of the year so they were keen to make a sale for their figures ;)

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
jarp- thanks man, csp wasnt very helpful lol, ive seen the get a v8 but ive still got 3 yrs left of restrictions so yer not gonna help lol. wouldnt happen to know where a tune is available would you? how much was the growler kit.... easy to install? cheers

tum tum- cheers bud ive looked at tint professor havent had many bad reviews from what ive seen, how much was it for the ute?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Just 2c from me... When I got my windows done, they trimmed a small triangle off the rear top corner of each front window tint. Apparently, the top corner rubs on the rubber seals and chafes the tint. Cutting off the corner stops this - both my VEs were tinted a year ago and the tint is 100% still stuck on with no peeling at the top. Was done by Tint Professor and I wangled a good deal for both Ute and Sedan plus it was near the end of the year so they were keen to make a sale for their figures ;)

I've not heard of that being done. Tint Wizard did mine with metal tint and no chaffing or peeling without having the corners cut.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
My corners have peeled a little bit. Will have to get around to fixing it up.

T

tommySV6Ute

Tint a car, $175, that midnight express stuff is what I had done.

T

tommySV6Ute

Yeah looks good. The illegal super-dark would look better but I didn't want to take the chance. Yet I notice a lot of people with the illegal stuff getting around. Maybe I should have just toughened up and got the darker stuff.