Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 shuddering 80ks and abs/stability light

Bryz

Reaction score
Members Ride
So my ve sv6 started vibrating at medium acceleration around 80ks when I take my foot off then put back on again, someone told me this could be a misfire in 6th? And now all of a sudden my abs and stability warning lights are coming on, can this be related or 2 separate problems?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
A misfire can cause those warning lights yes. Your spark plugs or coils could be failing, but why does it only happen the second time you accelerate?

Bryz

Reaction score
Members Ride
A misfire can cause those warning lights yes. Your spark plugs or coils could be failing, but why does it only happen the second time you accelerate?
It does do a slight shudder at hitting that speed anyways just more so when re accelerating, it had the timing chain and service done about 3000ks ago shouldn’t they of picked up on this then?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It would be difficult to detect a faulty coil as it's not usually obvious extrernally that anything is wrong and they're not easy to test either.
You better better the codes scanned and find out what's going on. It could be an issue related to the timing chain job.