Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 SII engine bog down before accelerating!

Richo923

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2 UTE
Gotta ask this and it may have been in several threads before so sorry if youve seen it all before.

This is my first V6 Holden owned or driven and its bloody brilliant, but when I go to accelerate say from 50 upwards the car seems to bog down before the gears drop the revs build and I get that acceleration, now I've made the mistake of asking people at work about this and seems they are all ford (phlem) fans and they says its a common Holden thing, so really my question is "is it normal and if so what can i fit/do to maybe improve this?"

I should point out that I am a Pomme, been in AUS for 7 years and only owned the Euro Buzz Boxes up to date.....but please dont hold that against me......

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
i'm asuming you have the auto. In this case the gearbox in going down a gear before it accelerates. This can be countered by using active select and dropping a gear before stabbing the Go pedal

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
mine bogs down for a short moment when i plant it while im on the go.. not a fan of it tbh

** its also auto

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Just curious..... old engine/gearbox combo in your car, or SIDI/gearbox combo?

I test drove the old alloytec before buying the SIDI and the delay shat me to tears. The new setup is lightyears ahead.

EDITED: opps.... series 2 IS the SIDI setup, ignore this post :).

Last edited:

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Just curious..... old engine/gearbox combo in your car, or SIDI/gearbox combo?

I test drove the old alloytec before buying the SIDI and the delay shat me to tears. The new setup is lightyears ahead.

VE SV6 SII engine bog down before accelerating!

Some how i dont think the series 2 come out non SIDI lol.....

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
Before I brought my SSV manual I owned a VZ auto. When I wanted to put my foot down I throw it back in third, let it build up the revs and speed a bit then throw it back to drive. I didn't have to do this, but, being an auto it helped gain acceleration quicker, because I noticed that time lag when you'd go to floor it and the response was slow. I have to drive a Ford ranger at work (why are so cruel to me???) and it's an auto, plus it's crap. You put your foot down in this puss bucket and at times the response is pathetic.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
the sv6 has an issue around 50-65 km/h .... there's an ugly flat patch there where the car feels like a hyundai excell...

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
No flat spots in mine...I reckon if ya wanna WOT the auto at 50km/h then use in manual and bang it back 2 or 3 gears then get up it.