Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Sportswagon Rear Windscreen Wiper Problem

Wahbi79

Wahbi79
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
G'day,

I have a VE Series II SV6 Sportswagon.

When i turn my rear wiper off after clearing the rear windscreen, it swipes down to the bottom of the windscreen and then swipes up a couple of inches and stops. The next time i open my tailgate the rear windscreen wiper does a full cycle of movement and goes up to the top, down to the bottom of range and then up a couple of inches again. It's quite annoying when it hasn't been raining and the wiper scrapes across a dry rear windscreen that is covered in dust and grime.

One thing worth noting: If i turn my rear windscreen wiper on whilst i'm driving, sometimes i can get the wiper to stop at the bottom of the movement range, when it is parallel with the bottom of the window. When the wiper stops in this position and i open the tailgate, the windscreen wiper doesn't move.

Does anyone know how i get the rear windscreen wiper to stop at the bottom of the movement range when i turn it off?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
I have a Sportwagon as well and have had the same thing happen to my wiper too. I usually corrects its self on the next cycle. Can't remember exactly how I fix it. Think its either a quick flick forward and off before the end of the cycle or something similar.

Hotasharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline 6.2L
Hi, my VE sports wagon is doing the same thing. Did you manage to sort it out? I’m finding very little information and seems to be common problem??

Kal.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II Omega Wagon
I've got the same frustrating problem, I know this post is a good 4 & 1/2 years old but I'm hoping someone has figured out how to fix it by now?

bazz61

Reaction score
Members Ride
veII sports wagon 2011
my faulty touch pad caused this to happen , changed it out with JayCar switch fixed it ...altough on rainy day it may not settle back into original position until a few cycles .

Kal.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II Omega Wagon
I have a Sportwagon as well and have had the same thing happen to my wiper too. I usually corrects its self on the next cycle. Can't remember exactly how I fix it. Think its either a quick flick forward and off before the end of the cycle or something similar.

I got it back to the right spot trying this, took a few goes to get the timing right but your method is definitely on the money, gotta flick it off at the precise moment on the wipers return pass to get it to stick. Glad it's back in the right spot again for the moment but I'm sure it's likely to happen again eventually, if not after the very next time I use it. In the event of it recurring, does anyone know of a permanent fix?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
my faulty touch pad caused this to happen , changed it out with JayCar switch fixed it ...altough on rainy day it may not settle back into original position until a few cycles .
I remember that thread. Some really handy info in it.

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
yeah I found that annoying as well so I just pulled the fuse for it so it wont work, I never use it anyway I only pulled the fuse to stop the missus using it and scraping dirt across the windscreen.