Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve sv6 trouble starting on cold mornings..

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
Laying in bed this morning and I hear the missus jump in her car (sv6) and it wouldn't kick over, took a few goes then it was fine.. Called her up and asked if it was running ok and she said it was but its the 3rd time its done this on cold morning when left out of the carport.. It was between 1-5 degrees so not that cold.. The car is an 07 model and in really good nick only has 89k on the clock, has the 90k service warning coming up on start up.. Anyone else have this problem with their alloytecs? It's not a dirty fuel issue as all 3 times were weeks apart..

I did do a search but nothing came up for VE's with this problem..

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Problem with the newer cars is they have so much wiring and sensor **** going on that its hard to tell.. Im not to sure im just guessing but maybe its the ignition system (coils,leads,plugs) etc.

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
Yeah your not wrong lol.. As stated, it's coming up to its 90k service so I will change all the above mentioned when I do the service on it..

Cheers
Johnny

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Battery .

Old battery's will show their faults on cold mornings. They may still show an acceptable voltage reading but the cca (cold cranking amps) will suffer causing hard to start. Will still crank fine but doesn't have enough amperage to get it all going.

LuminaME

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE Lumina 3.6L
in for feedback on similar problem.

my car (VE V6 2007), had done the no crank couple times last year in winter time. When I turned ignition on, it just clicks without cranking, all I do was turn it off, then on again, and it runs fine. I had it checked at dealer and they couldn't find a fault. (I had told them to check and replace battery if needed, they said it's over %70 capacity).

This year with colder days coming it, it started to behave the same, I thought to start with simple solutions, and my battery is already 2.5 years old. Replaced battery (with higher CCA rating), and it's all fine now.