Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Tune... after exhaust

Nightfox187

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6
Hey guys i just had a full exhaust system done to my VE 2009 SV6 (extractors and 100cpi cats 2.25")

The guy told me if the engine light dose not come on you will be OK and will not need a tune... but the light has come on... :s i think a o2 sensor **** its self but.

So i have read up a bit and people say the VE ECU will adjust for the extra go. is this true? and would a Re tune do anything at all ? with OTR cold in intake and the exhaust.?

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I am actually in this situation as well, the previous owner put a xforce exhaust in it, and the check engine light comes on, then goes away then comes on, then goes away, there is no estimating when its going to happen, 1 day it could be good, then the next it is not? What can I do? ive read about cam chain needing done on some SV6 models, but mines a 2008 so looks like i might be safe in that area?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
A re tune will unlock some extra power and torque especially with an otr intake, well worth doing if u can afford it imo

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
to get the full potential of the exhaust upgrade - you'll need a tune.

Pretty much any of the new SIDI or LS motors need a tune after any modification to the exhaust or intake. Doesn't hurt though, means you'll get full power.

I had my SIDI tuned a while ago running SS exhaust (more free flowing than SV6), and OTR - got 192rwkw. (172 stock)

As for the timing chain - if its the alloytec engine- needs to be done at the 100000km mark. The issue was fixed with the SIDI LLT and LFX engines