Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Tyre Wear

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Most Just Drive Down Road, Take Hands Off Wheel, If Goes Straight All Aok.

Knobs!

I hate just leaving my car at a dealer knowing they're going to drive it at some point - especially since I know they won't take care on driveways/bumps etc (my car's lowered).

There really is no need for a "test drive" to be part of a service these days...

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
There really is no need for a "test drive" to be part of a service these days...

I disagree. While changing oil and filters etc is pretty simple, people make mistakes. A test drive is the only way to ensure the work done by the mechanic is correct. Id imagine you would be quite ****ed if you picked your car up, steered it home only to find the mechanics stuffed up? Its the Workshops responsibility to ensure the work is 100%, and a test drive is the only way.

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
i agree that some mechanics at dealers etc dont take enough care when driving lowered/modified cars etc, but a test drive is a very crucial part of servicing like what happens if they do ur brakes an they fail on you?

dale762308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V Series LPG
The Wheel Alignment Should Be Done As Part Of The "pre Delivery" I Mentioned Nothing About Services. Once You Have It Done You Should Be Right!!

efryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 3.6 Auto
Good tyre wear - 54000Km

Just thought I would add mine. Just went through the first set of tyres since new at 54000 on the VE SV6. To be fair, they should have been replaced about 50,000 or so.

I am definitely not soft on them, but I do keep a good line on the road. They were rotated once, and probably filled with air twice in their life, so again haven't really looked after them.

Have now got a set of Arenalin RE001 on the SV6, and have to say impressed so far, although still expensive. I remember the days when I could have got a set of wheels and tyres for that price (ok it was a Toyota Seca)

Interestingly the VZ (Executive), I managed to get 70,000km on the tyres.....

Regards

Bob

samdssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 VE SS-V Manual
hi everyone,
further to this subject of tyre wear, my ss-v (19") tyres have now done 30,000kms, and are scrubbed out on all inners... The rest of the tyre isn't too bad and I have rotated not long ago. If tyres were kept aligned should may have got up to 60k, altho now the best ill get is about 40k... and i do run past the wear indicators well and truly. the car still drives straight, suspension seems to bottom out on some shocking country roads which obviously doesnt help alignment..
has anyone had any success with a harder wearing tyre as bridgestone turanzas are a 140 treadwear..?

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
my V-Series VE had to get a rear wheel camber adjustment not long before i traded it. The first set of tyres on the rear lasted about 49,000 k's and the front where still in great condition.

samdssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 VE SS-V Manual
i just got a wheel alignment where rears were out by a long way.. bring it home and the inside looks like its been attacked by a wire brush! taking it to another place today.. camber needs to be more positive obviously.. anyone know the specs for ve's?