Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Tyre Wear

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i just got 39thou out of my sv6 stock tyres proably could of gone another 2-3thou but my missus drives the cars mostly.

samdssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 VE SS-V Manual
Ok so i got another "alignment" done yesterday...

Got ripped off again, this time got the before and after readout of the angles, but inspection tells me they have not adjusted if at all...

The angles of camber were apparently right in between specs, only toe in was adjusted according to the read out..

Anyway, for a rough check of camber, i got a straight edge of steel to cross from top - bottom of tyre.. I parked car on level cement.. Checked tyres with bubble level.. The left side was slightly negative camber, the drivers side was negative also but much worse..

As I always thought the camber is far too negative so the figures are obviously false!

For a rough check i believe this is adequate... Ringing them up tomoz and going to ask them to fix and refund bloody hell i just want an honest alignment!..

Having my tyres worn down probably discourages them from doing it properly thinking ill never know.. bloody wheel no change alignments over it!

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Ok so i got another "alignment" done yesterday...

Got ripped off again, this time got the before and after readout of the angles, but inspection tells me they have not adjusted if at all...

The angles of camber were apparently right in between specs, only toe in was adjusted according to the read out..

Anyway, for a rough check of camber, i got a straight edge of steel to cross from top - bottom of tyre.. I parked car on level cement.. Checked tyres with bubble level.. The left side was slightly negative camber, the drivers side was negative also but much worse..

As I always thought the camber is far too negative so the figures are obviously false!

For a rough check i believe this is adequate... Ringing them up tomoz and going to ask them to fix and refund bloody hell i just want an honest alignment!..

Having my tyres worn down probably discourages them from doing it properly thinking ill never know.. bloody wheel no change alignments over it!

this may help you post #4
VE wheel alignment specs - Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
45,000 km out of my potenzas with another 2,000 or so left on them. Changed early because I somehow cracked a rim. I put on a new set of CSA stinger rims and Hankook Ventus ME01. I left the rims 18" inch due to the sh!tty QLD roads....

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I have always found the Potenza RE050As wear early if you don't keep a LOT of air in them because of the variable tread depth. The inner and outer blocks have less depth and appear to wear early. Run them at 40-43psi and I get decent life out of them

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
I got 40,000 out of my Yokohama S Drives but I think I reduced their life slightly by running 42psi because they were bald along the centre. My lead right foot might have also played a part ...

FPP

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 MY10
I got 55,000 out of the Yokohama S drives same story Worn in the center running 38PSI.
Accept for the rear wearing the centre (Tyre pressure??)they did not scrub out on the front or rear.
When i got the tyres changed they did a wheel alignment and told me it was out and they had adjusted.
if it's not broke why fix it? i will be keeping a close eye on the wear.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
55000 out of my Bridgestone re050a on my ssv. That's not taking it easy either. Rotated every 7500

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I got 55,000 out of the Yokohama S drives same story Worn in the center running 38PSI.
Accept for the rear wearing the centre (Tyre pressure??)they did not scrub out on the front or rear.
When i got the tyres changed they did a wheel alignment and told me it was out and they had adjusted.
if it's not broke why fix it? i will be keeping a close eye on the wear.

Thats weird, wearing in the centre usually means overinflated but 38psi certainly isnt too high...

FPP

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 MY10
well steering of centre a bit going down the expresswayand wanted to go to the left.
got home called the tyre place and told them i would be back the alignment was not right.
Then looking at the car in the shed i thought i was imagining what i was seeing standing behind the car the drivers rear left was toed in.
yep could see it with my eyes. that sort of explained the going to the left it was steering from the rear.
Had to get rego check on my caravan this morning and showed the mechanic while i was there he looked and could not beleive what he was seeing.
went back and they took it for a drive
done another aligment took it for a drive.
this the repeated 3 times.
the manger told me to see how it goes and bring it back in a week if i am not happy.
welll this will waste another 2 hrs of my day next week
not trying to go to the left now but still does not seem right in the steering.