Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Ute bluetoooth

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Friend just got a VE SV6 Ute and it should have the factory bluetooth. But when trying to connect a mobile phone to it, the phone cant find the cars bluetooth. Owners manual says should find a bluetooth device call Vehicle BT, but cant seem to find anything. Have tried it with 2 different phones also.

Does the Bluetooth need to be activated in the car manualy? Owners manual doesn't mention having to though.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
What type of phones did you try?

Brad_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Check this website for compatability to see if Bluetooth will work with the phones you have tried
Holden Australia - Bluetooth Handset Compatibility
I have an '08 SV6 ute and when I purchased it I had to have bluetooth connected as far as im aware it doesn't come standard on the SV6...but I could be wrong

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
could always remove the glovebox and look up in the airbag direction, if there is a little black box there with a bluetooth module, it has it.

I thought sv6's came standard with it though?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I had a problem with my dads car bluetooth when connecting the phone to it. I found that I pressed the phone button (not press and hold) then found devices on the phone at the same time and it found it. Try that and see how you go.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
ill find out exact phone types, cant remember.

Tried that site, and phones werent listed.

Doesn't want to be pulling it part, as its only 2 days old.

Tried the button and search devices at same time, and nothing.

moconn20

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
your ute doesnt have bluetooth unless you asked for it as an option.
i got caught out by this aswell, but luckily for me so did the dealer...

bluetooth is standard on sv6 sedan and sportswagon but an option on the ute for some reason. if you are pressing the phone button and your mobile isnt detecting anything then you havent got it, simple as that.

perhaps you could try what i did... i went back to the dealer 10 mins after picking my ute up, which is when he and i discovered its only an option in the ute... so i told him that because he said it came with bluetooth id have mine installed for free next week, which was done without an issue.
im not sure about your circumstances but maybe you could try the same? if not youll fork out a few hundred dollars for them to put it in.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
incase anyone was wondering. Took car back to Holden, it never had bluetooth installed. Was put in free of charge.

MickVE

Red... It goes faster!
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 MY10 SS
Your joking right, they put BT on SV6 sedan and sportwagon, but not the ute? If anything I would think that BT would be more useful for a tradie in a ute than a family in a sportwagon.

Happily mine has it and I use it all the time, now when I have a hire car for work which doesnt have BT I feel lost and confused when the phone rings.