Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 .vs. VZ SV6??

gesz00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S2
Hi Guys,
I am looking at buying either a new VE SV6 or the VZ SV6. Which would you guys go for?? Anyone heard of any problems with the new VE's? Would it be better to stick with the previous model for the time being? Did Holden fix up all the probs with the VZ's, are there any major probs with them? Just looking for some input as to which way to go

Thanks!!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The VE is a muuch better car, it's going to cost alot more, but that's the only deciding factor

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
VE is streets ahead of the VZ in every aspect.

Personally I've decided to wait for the next model (whether it be Series 2 or VF) as it will have any any wrinkles ironed out.

In the mean time, to quench my thirst for something new to drive around in, I'm buying a classic.... A 1974 HJ Holden Statesman Caprice, 308 V8, Turbo400. At only $7000 and with not a lot left to do to it at all, I'll have some fun cruising around in it until Summernats. Just have to decide what to enter it into come January.

Attachments

• HJ.JPG
    HJ.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,832

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
VE is much better, the engine is more refined then the VZ (both are Alloytec), so VE is a much better choice.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
VE sv6 a lot qiucker we will see about that one for a while my vVZ sv6 putting out about 195kw now with vy clubbie cai and bmc flat panel filter,only seen omega and ssvs' around still searching for a VE sv6 cruising.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VE sv6 a lot qiucker we will see about that one for a while my vVZ sv6 putting out about 195kw now with vy clubbie cai and bmc flat panel filter,only seen omega and ssvs' around still searching for a VE sv6 cruising.

VZ SV6 0-100 in 8.3 seconds... VE SV6 is 7.4 seconds or so. Alot of ground to catch up on mate, and that 5kw aint gonna do it :p

The VE SV6 has some decent changes. Its not just 5kw. Torque and power curves are alot better in the 195kw alloytec that the VE SV6 has, gearbox and trans is vastly improved and probably gets alot better traction at the rear now with the new IRS and suspension setup. Not sure what diff gears the VE SV6 has, but thats probably giving it alot more than the 2.87's in the VZ SV6 as well.

If I was you i'd give the Omega a go first :p that's quicker than a stock VZ SV6 also to 100km/h. The entire VE V6 range is very quick.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
VZ SV6 0-100 in 8.3 seconds... VE SV6 is 7.4 seconds or so. Alot of ground to catch up on mate, and that 5kw aint gonna do it :p

The VE SV6 has some decent changes. Its not just 5kw. Torque and power curves are alot better in the 195kw alloytec that the VE SV6 has, gearbox and trans is vastly improved and probably gets alot better traction at the rear now with the new IRS and suspension setup. Not sure what diff gears the VE SV6 has, but thats probably giving it alot more than the 2.87's in the VZ SV6 as well.

If I was you i'd give the Omega a go first :p that's quicker than a stock VZ SV6 also to 100km/h. The entire VE V6 range is very quick.

As far as i know the VE sv6 has 2:92 diff gears,and 340nm at 2600 and 195kw to compensate for the extra weight,but can you get this done to a VE sv6

http://www.powerchipgroup.com/products/showchip.asp?pid=Hol0151&year=2004&make=Holden

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
what? A VZ Executive does better than 8.3 to 100. A vz sv6 is around 7.5 to 100 and thats an average, have seen it as low as 6.95 for a manual and 7.2 for an auto. In saying that id probably back a ve sv6 in drag.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina