Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 - worst air con EVER?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Not sure if this is any help but i got letter from Holden yesterday and there is sometimes a fault in air conditioner in some cars i have to take mine in to get it fixed.

apparently its because Mineral oil was used instead of synthetic oil

gjy46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Yeah my air con is a bit suspect - however I have mine car booked in as a part of the air con recall so lets see what they do before I talk to them about, I just wonder with the recall are they re-gassing the unit???

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i have had 2 VE's.... both had excellent air con. Get it looked at!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The Aircon rework is for MY9.5-10. Which at a rough guide is May-September of this year. If your car is part of this category, you should be getting some contact from Holden.

But if your car is not in that exact bracket, go to your dealer anyway and raise your concerns.

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
I've got an SV6 and the aircon is great - Cairns has horrible heat, and within 1-2 minutes of getting in, the car is cool. So, you definitely have a problem :) get it looked at before summer arrives!

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Mine is fine mate, and i live in high 30's low 40's in summer.

Go get her checked buddy.

Mike.

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
I've just got a letter from Holden too saying that mine needs to be looked at.

My air-con is pretty piss weak. Takes a while to get cold and even with it gets cool, it's isn't that cold...hopefully the recall fixes everything..

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
hmm, i got a few more K's on my girl, but the air-con has been quite weak in most conditions that involve sunlight...
it also has this habit of chucking a fit when i first start the car (fan runs from low speed to full speed and back again over and over until i turn it off, wait, and turn on again)...

So, i guess i'lll make way to a dealer and see if they'd take a look at it.. (I'll add it to the list of problems though...)
seeing this thread, guess i don't feel so bad complaining about poor air-con performance..

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
hmm, i got a few more K's on my girl, but the air-con has been quite weak in most conditions that involve sunlight...
it also has this habit of chucking a fit when i first start the car (fan runs from low speed to full speed and back again over and over until i turn it off, wait, and turn on again)...

So, i guess i'lll make way to a dealer and see if they'd take a look at it.. (I'll add it to the list of problems though...)
seeing this thread, guess i don't feel so bad complaining about poor air-con performance..

a software upgrade will fix that, it fixed mine :)

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Never had an issue with our sv6 so either 2 things

- there is something wrong and you should go to a dealer and have the aircon fixed or..

- Your an Eskimo and you have unrealistic expectations :)