Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 - worst air con EVER?

Rewey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if it's just mine, or is this a common problem? My Commodore SV6 has the worst air con ever - barely a cooling breeze at best.

Seriously, I've had an Excel (eek!) that had way better air con. I can't believe that's the best they can do after spending a billion dollars.

Is it just mine? If so, what do you guys recommend? It's only got 23000kms on the clock, so I can't see it needing a re-gas. And I can't see it being something they'd fix under warranty, as they'd probably just say that's how it's supposed to be.

There hasn't been a really hot day since I bought it, and it already seems to struggle just on the warm ones...

Any thoughts?

Rewey

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
my mates ve sv6 with around the same km's as you works awsome, it comes out fast and gets very cold , have u got it on recycle and not brining air from the outside?

Rewey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
...have u got it on recycle and not brining air from the outside?

I've tried both - doesn't seem to make any difference.

Other cars I've had have great air con with the dial on recycle or fresh air - didn't think it would matter that much on this one...

Rew

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I've tried both - doesn't seem to make any difference.

Other cars I've had have great air con with the dial on recycle or fresh air - didn't think it would matter that much on this one...

Rew

prob shud get it checked out man, all the ones ive been in have had really good aircon

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if it's just mine, or is this a common problem? My Commodore SV6 has the worst air con ever - barely a cooling breeze at best.

Seriously, I've had an Excel (eek!) that had way better air con. I can't believe that's the best they can do after spending a billion dollars.

Is it just mine? If so, what do you guys recommend? It's only got 23000kms on the clock, so I can't see it needing a re-gas. And I can't see it being something they'd fix under warranty, as they'd probably just say that's how it's supposed to be.

There hasn't been a really hot day since I bought it, and it already seems to struggle just on the warm ones...

Any thoughts?

Rewey

so you wont take a car back for a warrenty claim, because you think they wont fix it?

well makes sense, looks like your going to live with a malfunctioning air con,

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
If it isn't right take it back. What's the worst they will do, say no? There could be a problem that is covered. My VZ ute did an AC condenser (in early December too) and it was replaced under warranty (albeit in the middle of February because of a 'stock shortage')

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Not sure if this is any help but i got letter from Holden yesterday and there is sometimes a fault in air conditioner in some cars i have to take mine in to get it fixed.

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
The VE Air-con works on 4 sensors and directs air to the hottest part of the inside of the car, try and experiment a bit and if then your not happy take in for service.

Rewey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
so you wont take a car back for a warrenty claim, because you think they wont fix it?

Sorry - I'm just basing that on every experience I've ever had with every dealership with every problem I've had with every car still under warranty.

Sorry if that makes me a little cynical.

Besides - isn't that what a forum is for? To see if anyone else has a similar problem, or get their opinion on what the issue might be. Golly, maybe if someone has had the same problem, they might know just what part of the aircon system it was causing problems, and I could then discuss that with the dealer... the possibilities are endless...

Rew

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Hey man you should deff take it back to your dealer it shudnt be not working and that sort of thing shud be coved under warranty dont take **** from them or let them talk you down at those ks its unacceptable...wat they gunna say...you let the gas out...who wud do that just to make an inconvienience to them self by having their car in the shop for a day etc and if its not the gas it cud be faulty compressor which is under warranty...also the way to tell if the gas is gone is listen for a click noise or engine rpm change when you hit the A/C button...if nothing it probly has no gas...or electrical prob