Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Sv6

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Looks like final drive ratio has improved slightly in the new sv6,switching from 2:87 to 2:92.

VZ04SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5 IMPULSE BLUE
I prefer the paddles, they really should've stuck with 'em, it now looks like holden thought ford got it right!
They could've made more of a feature of the paddles ( maybe steel / alloy and larger?) and positioned them so that you didn't have to drive with your hands resting on the spokes and your thumbs tucked behind. If they had to have tiptronic, they should be set out like the Magna (forward up and back down shift).

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
VZ04SV6 said:
If they had to have tiptronic, they should be set out like the Magna (forward up and back down shift).

I had a big argument with guys at work last year when we were driving the Falcons. They were saying how the semi-auto of the Falcon was wrong and you should need to push forward for upshifts and back for down shifts - WRONG!!!

Tiptronic and full sequential gear boxes are designed so that the driver is not fighting the natural g forces when shifting. It is actually CORRECT to pull back to shift up and push forward to shift down because when accelerating you're pushed backwards - under breaks to get pushed forwards so pushing forwards on the shift for down shifts is more natural.

I hate it when I have this argument - I had no idea that the world was so full of mainly IDIOTS who have absolutey no idea!!! Look at any sequential race car!!! Sorry, I have to stop before I start making insults again. Farkin idiots everywhere these days!

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
I
Tiptronic and full sequential gear boxes are designed so that the driver is not fighting the natural g forces when shifting. It is actually CORRECT to pull back to shift up and push forward to shift down because when accelerating you're pushed backwards - under breaks to get pushed forwards

QUOTE]

I didn't know that - kinda makes sense.

That said - tried out the auto box on a VE SS - to me it's a toy that I would get bored with pretty quickly - much prefer the manual - physical gear stick movement and a bit of clutch work.

How many people with triptronic actually use it regularly?

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
I do when i take mums beemer out for a spin my 130 being manual. i think its just like driving a manual without the clutch. Still id much rather a manual over anything. with the paddles i think what holden had on the VZ was a joke. it was very easy to lose track of which paddle did what while you are turning. if they are going to do a paddle shift the should make it like BMW's which are formula 1 inspired and work a treat. i think they should do an smg gearbox aswell. i love that!!

draco_386

Reaction score
I took a auto SV6 for a test drive, and yeah, they don't have the paddle shifts. Very, very nice interior and exterior. Very big and compfortable. Lotsa power too. I definitely want one.