Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Sv8?

nightmare

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Is there such a thing as a VE SV8? I just got a phone call from someone who is standing next to one as far as i know holden didnt release a SV8. Does anyone know anything about this?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
mmm I thought the SV8 was replaced by the entry SS, old SS'es are more like the SS-V

nightmare

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
mattman said:
mmm I thought the SV8 was replaced by the entry SS, old SS'es are more like the SS-V

Thats exactly what i said. Anyways i have a picture coming through soon via mms so it will be shite quality but it might answer a few questions

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Check the holden site, SV6 but def no SV8.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Bloody hell... So many dumb questions on this site :bang:

There is NO SV8.

The VZ SV8 is now the VE SS. The VZ SS is now the VE SSV. There is still an SV6.

This is black and white - there is no grey area. OBVIOULSY someone can't tell the difference between a VZ and a VE because no VE will have SV8 on it!

nightmare

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:

There is NO SV8.

The VZ SV8 is now the VE SS. The VZ SS is now the VE SSV. There is still an SV6.

This is black and white - there is no grey area. OBVIOULSY someone can't tell the difference between a VZ and a VE because no VE will have SV8 on it!

I know there is no such thing as a VE SV8 but someone just called me who was apparently standing next to one. I dont know if its a SV6 with a VZ Sv8 badge(my theory) but ill have a pic prob later.

I was in a VE the day it was released so i know the diffrence between a VZ and VE so dont give me that crap. And its very unlikely it was a VZ cos the person who called me has one

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:

There's no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer ;)

/me dons flame suit

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
nightmare said:
I know there is no such thing as a VE SV8 but someone just called me who was apparently standing next to one.

Um, no they aren't.

nightmare said:
I dont know if its a SV6 with a VZ Sv8 badge(my theory) but ill have a pic prob later.

Why the hell would ANYONE put an SV8 badge on an SV6?

nightmare said:
I was in a VE the day it was released so i know the diffrence between a VZ and VE so dont give me that crap.

Never said otherwise mate. Not giving you crap about knowing your cars, but the person who told you this has no idea! Because they might be standing next to a VE SV8, but only in their own little fantasy land...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
hehe im actualy enjoing scotty's posts here.

He is right, that person supposedly standin next to one obviously cannot tell the difference between a VZ and a VE.... either that or they cant tell the difference between the numbers 6 and 8 :p

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
haha its true about that scotty bloke